10248 - Ferrari F40

Val-E

My guess is their target market is not Ferrari aficionados or AFOLs, its the 30-60 year old, middle income men who go into the store to buy legos for their kids or grand kids.  They obviously did not want to gamble big on this, which is why we get a lot of stickers on a set built with mostly generic pieces.  I cant help but think the F40 was a bad choice for this.  I mean the F40 is iconic but not recognizable by anywhere near as broad an audience as the T1 or the mini.  Its a different class of iconic that just seems like it would be suited to a higher price point. But im sure they have some market studies that say otherwise....

Edited by jay4e

Looks like the f40 is available for "pre order" at LEGO Shop at Home - I know I am in the very small percent of people who are going to order one today.  After reading a review posted in this thread the building techniques look pretty interesting and I am actually looking forward to building the set.

• Like 4

Looks like the f40 is available for "pre order" at LEGO Shop at Home - I know I am in the very small percent of people who are going to order one today.  After reading a review posted in this thread the building techniques look pretty interesting and I am actually looking forward to building the set.

this was orderable?

Same  here .  Ordered. 

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I just dropped some VIP points on one. After looking again, it's starting to grow on me. I'm building it the day it arrives just in case it's the gem I hope it is.

Besides TabbyBoy above, how many of you took advantage of the VIP early access to this set?

Ordered one for myself first thing this morning. The F40 is iconic and considering the medium and that this is an official set made with the practical limitations that come with that, very nicely done.

At some point I will for sure buy a few of this set. I don't see how this will fail to be a winner in the long term.