10248 - Ferrari F40

Val-E

Seems we are getting it for 85 euros which is a welcome move as we usually have to pay more for everything. It should be possible to acquire at 20% off at some point which brings it down to less than 70 euros, in which case I am in.

I am little bumped out on this set. Its a $90 set. The least they could do is it make it $100 and a collector quality item, especially like the Mini Cooper. For $100 the Cooper has much more detail and looks amazing. This set is probably off my wish list unless its 50% off MSRP. What was Lego thinking, seems to me they were undecided on making it a kids or collectors set. So they built a hybrid.

Interestingly, on Brickset the opinions are quite different to here. Over there the majority likes the set - I have no idea why there's this difference, Brickpickers seem to be very critical. As with the F40 I share what most people here say: The scale of the LEGO model just seems off. It is a bit too short und a bit too high - resulting in an AFOL-unsatisfying "toy look". It's a pity, I hab been looking forward to the announcement for several months, but now... imo they did not even get the box art right.

Because everyone here has made so much money selling Legos that they all own at least one real Ferrari and are disgusted by this cheap replica!

You can bet on the first day it goes on sale the horde will snap them up to quick flip.

• Like 1

Interestingly, on Brickset the opinions are quite different to here. Over there the majority likes the set - I have no idea why there's this difference, Brickpickers seem to be very critical. As with the F40 I share what most people here say: The scale of the LEGO model just seems off. It is a bit too short und a bit too high - resulting in an AFOL-unsatisfying "toy look". It's a pity, I hab been looking forward to the announcement for several months, but now... imo they did not even get the box art right.

We need a poll!

We just tell it the way that it is.

We just tell it the way that it is.

Brickset's main user base that participates in the comments are teenagers and AFOLs with no money to buy anything. I know it's anecdotal, but I read so many comments about parents allowing this or that and others who can't afford X and others who say I'll try and squeeze it into my budget so I don't have to buy from scalpers (lol, Brickpickers) in almost every new product announcement. Whatever, it still sucks.

About half of the year I wait for first glimpse of lego reendition of this masterpiece Ferrari car.It was worthless?Definitely not...It is like second half creator set aimed at kids only with glorious 14+ badge and exclusive license, If ferrari really cooperate with designers why is this reendition is so bad?They probably designed this set with very limited budget so they dont even spend money for interesting box art, it is like we traveled back to lego factory line years.Also its crazy that every creator expert car isnt in same scale this only make mess in display cabinet.Camper van 1:14, Mini cooper 1:12 and this only about 1:16.

P.s.:Dear lego if you make designer video please first fix stickers!Even kids will not put on stickers so bad.This is not only unprofessional but also awful as hell!Designer video for tie fighter even had same issue...

Edited by Ondra
Added lines about car scale.

Because everyone here has made so much money selling Legos that they all own at least one real Ferrari and are disgusted by this cheap replica!

You can bet on the first day it goes on sale the horde will snap them up to quick flip.

Yeah that might happen.

I hope it doesn't, it should be that poor design is reflected by poor sales. We all know this isn't true but it might make lego think twice when it comes to this type of set in the future

I cant see myself buying this at all, unless it significantly  discounted

As some one said earlier the Le Mans racer 42039 is excellent, and I can pick this set up for only £7 more

Such a disappointment.

• Like 1

It's hilarious to read these comments because it's the exact same pattern on these forums for nearly every exclusive - box art is leaked, people complain because it's too this or not enough that, set is released, people build it and then realize it's awesome.

It's happened with the Ferris Wheel, Mini Cooper, Sandcrawler, Detective's Office, Sea Cow, and nearly all other recent Exclusives.  It will happen again with this one, and with next month's Ninjago Temple release.

I will be waiting eagerly at midnight on VIP release day to buy this set, will enjoy building it, and will proudly display it.  I can't wait.

• Like 3

It's hilarious to read these comments because it's the exact same pattern on these forums for nearly every exclusive - box art is leaked, people complain because it's too this or not enough that, set is released, people build it and then realize it's awesome.

It's happened with the Ferris Wheel, Mini Cooper, Sandcrawler, Detective's Office, Sea Cow, and nearly all other recent Exclusives.  It will happen again with this one, and with next month's Ninjago Temple release.

I will be waiting eagerly at midnight on VIP release day to buy this set, will enjoy building it, and will proudly display it.  I can't wait.

I respectfully disagree, I was impressed when I first saw all of the above and this one not so much. Like another member mentioned this looks like a big version of one of those 3 In 1 creator cars.

• Like 1

Looks like one of the little 3-1 sets blown up. Yup, it sucks. 

Exactly, it really does! Not at all what Lego should have done. I agree, bigger and more sleek would have been a proper way to start. Sure we get they want to sell more cars and a lower price point will help them do that, but that`s really not an excuse to cheap out. Come on Lego, you can do better, please do. The Camper van is quite well done, and honestly I love the Mini-Cooper as well. It`s a great set, excellent price point, great display piece.

This set looks dramatically inferior by comparison, which is a shame considering they are no doubt paying for the license as well. 

I respectfully disagree, I was impressed when I first saw all of the above and this one not so much. Like another member mentioned this looks like a big version of one of those 3 In 1 creator cars.

First, let me be clear that every person is entitled to their opinion. That said, folks are too quick to judge a set based solely on leaked box art images. This is literally judging the book by its cover! Until you get your hands on a set, see it in person, or even read/watch reviews from BrickSet.com, The Brick Show, Jang, etc., there's no way to accurately judge it. Time and again, these Exclusives get hammered before release based on leaked box art, only to have the chorus completely change once the set is in people's hands being built.

And who knows? Maybe the set will suck. I'm just not willing to render an opinion with such little available information.

Edited by Quacs

Yeah that might happen.

I hope it doesn't, it should be that poor design is reflected by poor sales. We all know this isn't true but it might make lego think twice when it comes to this type of set in the future

I cant see myself buying this at all, unless it significantly  discounted

As some one said earlier the Le Mans racer 42039 is excellent, and I can pick this set up for only £7 more

Such a disappointment.

In Technic circles, the 42039 has been hammered for its lack of useful functions (no gearbox) ad gaping gaps between panels. I have it on display and it honestly doesn´t look as bad as all that but there is room for imrprovement.

• Like 1

First, let me be clear that every person is entitled to their opinion. That said, folks are too quick to judge a set based solely on leaked box art images. This is literally judging the book by its cover! Until you get your hands on a set, see it in person, or even read/watch reviews from BrickSet.com, The Brick Show, Jang, etc., there's no way to accurately judge it. Time and again, these Exclusives get hammered before release based on leaked box art, only to have the chorus completely change once the set is in people's hands being built.

And who knows? Maybe the set will suck. I'm just not willing to render an opinion with such little available information.

Not true. I didn't hate it until I saw the video...

True beans. I really disliked 10225 R2D2 until seeing it In-person and then building. Now it's one of my fav sets. I do wish this Ferrari set was more in the $120 range like 10220 it could have been larger. I'm wondering if it will be similar in-size to my 8652 Enzo Ferrari from 2006. If so, it will be a popular set since 8652 is sorta scaled to the recent Lego vehicle sets. http://en.brickimedia.org/wiki/8652_Enzo_Ferrari_1:17