43lbs of vintage LEGO's for $350

exciter1

At first sight, one can say that it is a decent deal. But when you think about it, it's not that much of a good deal IMO. First off, it's vintage, and if you want to complete any of the sets there, it can get costly as some vintage pieces are expensive. Second, selling vintage sets takes a long time, and from the sets in the listing, it seems to me that it would take a long time to sell everything.

I don't see this lot being worth it because of these two reasons. I have dealt with these lots before and the older the sets are the harder it is to sell them because no one is looking for them.

• Like 2

It's decent, but not great.   Based on the boxes, it looks like this person stopped buying by 1980 and wasn't into any of the highly sought after themes from that era (i.e., Classic Space, early Castle).  I would ask for a list of all of the manuals that he has and judge its value based on that.  From what I see there, I wouldn't waste my time.  He thinks that he can triple by selling them individually, but clearly doesn't have a good grasp on the demand for the sets that he has.  People would buy the Exxon station set and the Engine Co. 9, but the others would likely be harder to sell.

• Like 1

I do not buy used lego older than 15 years tops. Cause the lots I bought in the past were all incomplete, dirty, broken pieces, stinky, etc.

And... the market for these old sets becomes narrower as days pass by.

My rule is to not buy much past 1990. Sometimes, I will buy stuff from the 80's if it's a good theme like Classic Space, but other than that, any Lego set older than 1990, I tend to avoid.

At first sight, one can say that it is a decent deal. But when you think about it, it's not that much of a good deal IMO. First off, it's vintage, and if you want to complete any of the sets there, it can get costly as some vintage pieces are expensive. Second, selling vintage sets takes a long time, and from the sets in the listing, it seems to me that it would take a long time to sell everything.

I don't see this lot being worth it because of these two reasons. I have dealt with these lots before and the older the sets are the harder it is to sell them because no one is looking for them.

It's decent, but not great.   Based on the boxes, it looks like this person stopped buying by 1980 and wasn't into any of the highly sought after themes from that era (i.e., Classic Space, early Castle).  I would ask for a list of all of the manuals that he has and judge its value based on that.  From what I see there, I wouldn't waste my time.  He thinks that he can triple by selling them individually, but clearly doesn't have a good grasp on the demand for the sets that he has.  People would buy the Exxon station set and the Engine Co. 9, but the others would likely be harder to sell.

Very solid opinions guys, I`m with you on this one most of the way. I`d put in an offer of $200-$250, just because Vintage stuff is awesome, though if it was me I`d probably not sell any of it. Definitely pass if you want to resell, unless by some miracle you can get it all for like $100 which I seriously doubt.