DK's LEGO books for 2013

A post on Brickset shows the total lineup of nine books for this year from Dorling Kindersley.

DK LEGO book lineup for 2013 - Brickset

Amazing Minifigure - Ultimate Sticker Collection (January)

Friends - Ultimate Sticker Collection (March)

Minifigures - Character Encylopedia (May)

Legends of Chima - Ultimate Sticker Collection (May)

Brickmaster Legends of Chima - The Quest for Chi (May)

Hero Factory - Ultimate Sticker Collection (August)

Brickmaster Star Wars - Battle for the Stolen Crystals (September)

The LEGO Play Book (September)

LEGO Minifigure: Year by Year - A Visual Chronicle (October)

I should note that the "Minifigures - Character Encyclopedia" will contain an exclusive character for the MINIFIGURES line itself, a "Toy Soldier"! For myself, that is the only reason I need to buy this book! Won't be able to get 'extras' of him though. Dang....

"The LEGO Play Book" might make an interesting read, or atleast worth a browse.

Might check out the "Minifigure: Year by Year" one.

Do people get into these sticker collections? Obviously they are intended for kids, but I feel like even kids would rather chew on a mini figure than play with a bunch of stickers containing mini figures. Lol. On a different, but slightly related note...don't miss out on the current Batman Visual Dictionary book! It is dirt cheap and has an exclusive "Electro Suit Batman" mini figure that is sure to go up in value once they're gone.

I have bought some of the older DK books but they are aimed more at the younger market. Books like 'Lego: Building a History', Lego A love Story & The Cult of Lego were more my thing. But I will probably get the Minifigure: Year by Year; I like books that trace the history of a product.

On a different, but slightly related note...don't miss out on the current Batman Visual Dictionary book! It is dirt cheap and has an exclusive "Electro Suit Batman" mini figure that is sure to go up in value once they're gone.

Already got it. And the NINJAGO one. Still haven't read either book, but already put both exclusive minifigs on display as soon as I got home with them. "Electro Suit Batman" is pretty cool! Not sure what I can do with him other than for display.

Here's an odd fact I just thought of. If you sorted every theme that LEGO has created alphabetically, do you know that NINJAGO is the only theme under the "N" category? Just found that wierdly interesting.

Do people get into these sticker collections?

You'd be surprised at how many kids LOVE stickers. I did when I was one. Now I have absolutely no idea what the heck made me do that in the first place.... Anyway, I don't care for those sticker books at all. Maybe if they included an exclusive minifigure I might purchase one. Otherwise, no thank you.

I just do not see any 'collector's value' in sticker books.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...