More TRU closings? (St Cloud for sure)

jay4e

While I'm  not a huge fan of them either, they do have their place about twice a year when they have a good deal.  I don't buy much at the one TRU here in town, but I wouldn't want it to close either. 

I spent over 50k from TRU.com since July.  I have not returned one item, even in cases of gross negligence on shipping, I just take the hit, cuz I'm an ideal customer. They have repeatedly ignore my faxes to the Tax Exempt department and then on top of that, started cancelling all of my orders.  So screw them.  Just expedites my mission of going direct to the manufacturer for stuff.

Wow, you all have pretty bad experiences with TRUS. Mine is my ideal source of Christmas flips both Lego and non-Lego. I get a lot of EOL items popping back into stock at the store. I would never want to lose a brick and mortar store that carries Legos in my area. The chances are pretty good that an increasing number of retailers will limit Lego purchases going forwards. Buying in store with cash is my way of not being tracked.

• 2 months later...

Aren't there several more fairly close to the city?

I am coming into the city from the Illinois side to the North-East. That was the closest one to me by far. Now the next closest one is Bridgeton, which is a good 50 min drive from my house with no traffic. No traffic being a condition that does not exist on I-270.

My TRU in Ferguson is closing now. They never really recovered after the riot. That was the last one that was within an hour from me. Now I will really not shop at TRU much.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/toys-r-us-to-close-in-ferguson/article_b5c0ba6b-fd66-55ce-a239-90397ac72771.html

I can now admit that this was my honey hole where retired stuff would sit longer than at any other TRU.  Sad face.

Lost the B&****** up there too...got Harry Potter sets there back in the day.

They currently have 20% off Legos and 20-40 off everything else...the Legos are pretty picked over.   I was hoping for some Architecture sets but they're all gone. 

I got some mini modulars and a Town Square for 96.  I suspected other brickpickers were there based on how they kept scanning tons of different sets.  I just missed the trains I think.