Nice Big Discounts on Amazon UK

Jeff Mack

Can these not be ordered from Amazon.co.uk? Or is it too likely the boxes will be smashed by the time it gets here. I'm in Canada and I put two vampire Castles in my cart. And it totals somehow 99.99 pounds plus 6.95 shipping (6-10 business days) Conversion to Canadian is about $170. Its asking if I want to place the order and hasn't notified me of any problems with my Canadian Address.. What do you guys think? Even with some possible duty I'm at about $190, not too shabby?

Yes I'm very tempted. seems like if I'm adding more than 1 castle to my cart the price changes to $50 pounds each. So I'm looking at ordering 3, with freight 160 pounds all in. ($253 Canadian) That's a deal, I think these will do very well down the line. What are my possible risks here? Box damage obviously, and I guess exchanging them from the UK wouldn't be an option... Hmm, I do figure it's worth the risk even if the boxes get a bit damaged.. For an extra 16 pounds I can get express shipping 2-4 business days, do you think that's worth it?

Well I would love to know how it works out.

I just placed the order for 3 vampire Castles, grand total after shipping $253 Canadian! Estimated delivery between Jan 23rd and Jan 28th. I'll post once I've received them and let you know how badly the boxes are beat up LOL!

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to check Amazon UK from now on (assuming this goes well)

Yes I'm very tempted. seems like if I'm adding more than 1 castle to my cart the price changes to $50 pounds each. So I'm looking at ordering 3, with freight 160 pounds all in. ($253 Canadian) That's a deal, I think these will do very well down the line.

What are my possible risks here? Box damage obviously, and I guess exchanging them from the UK wouldn't be an option... Hmm, I do figure it's worth the risk even if the boxes get a bit damaged.. For an extra 16 pounds I can get express shipping 2-4 business days, do you think that's worth it?

I have bought a bunch of sets from Amazon France and all but 1 have arrived in excellent condition. The risk is the same as from any online dealer. In fact, Amazon US seems to send me damaged stuff more often (although we Canadians are really only allowed to buy about 6 different Lego sets from them so I don't order that often). You will have to be willing to risk box damage but you will still see a profit with a set like this over time even if it is damaged - in my opinion any way.

I live in the U.S. and I've ordered six times from Amazon UK. Ninjago items were amazingly cheap compared to the U.S. in December. Only one of those six times did my boxes arrived damaged. The shipping is usually around $6 to $8 U.S. which seems very reasonable to me. The damaged box (5892) I chose not to return as I plan on building it, so I'm reasonably happy with ordering from the UK. I think the damage ratio is about the same when ordering from Amazon U.S.

I live in the U.S. and I've ordered six times from Amazon UK. Ninjago items were amazingly cheap compared to the U.S. in December. Only one of those six times did my boxes arrived damaged. The shipping is usually around $6 to $8 U.S. which seems very reasonable to me. The damaged box (5892) I chose not to return as I plan on building it, so I'm reasonably happy with ordering from the UK.

I think the damage ratio is about the same when ordering from Amazon U.S.

That's great to know thanks! I am fairly new to lego investing, but have a pretty decent collection going. I AM lucky that I live only 10 minutes from the US border, so if I can't buy it on Amazon.com sometimes I can locate in store across the border, or have them shipped to 3rd parties near the border. Been lucky enough to have no damaged boxes so far from Amazon (knock on wood). And I'll be keeping my eyes on Amazon UK from now on too.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

I ordered 3, it worked out to be about $85 each after standard freight. Mine were only 49.99 pounds each for some reason, even though Amazon UK has it listed for 59.99 pounds. Did anyone else notice this?

This is because the prices on amazon.co.uk include VAT. It removes it in checkout if you are shipping to the US.

Ok that makes sense, sorry for the dumb question. As you can probably tell this is my first Amazon UK purchase lol

Not a dumb question at all. It confused me at first too. I just wonder why yours came out cheaper than mine. My order was USD 178.57 for 2 of the vampyre castles.

Not a dumb question at all. It confused me at first too. I just wonder why yours came out cheaper than mine. My order was USD 178.57 for 2 of the vampyre castles.

Well my order confirm I printed off is showing in pounds still: 158.92 I looked up the conversion rate to Canadian which is 1.58 so $251 Canadian.. But I bet mastercard's exchange rate will nip me 1or 2 %.. so I bet this works out to be about $255ish all said and done which is about $85 each. Also, it was only 2 extra pounds shipping to get a third one. So ya, I'm not sure why it's a cheaper? (besides the slight freight savings on the third one)

(where's a "British Pound" key on my keyboard when i need one!? lol)

Well my order confirm I printed off is showing in pounds still: 158.92 I looked up the conversion rate to Canadian which is 1.58 so $251 Canadian.. But I bet mastercard's exchange rate will nip me 1or 2 %.. so I bet this works out to be about $255ish all said and done which is about $85 each. Also, it was only 2 extra pounds shipping to get a third one. So ya, I'm not sure why it's a cheaper? (besides the slight freight savings on the third one)

(where's a "British Pound" key on my keyboard when i need one!? lol)

That's why. I am in the US so that's where the difference in price comes from.

The Canadian dollar is about 1.5 cents above the US dollar right now, so I guess Canadians are getting a slightly better deal here. :) It's about time! We usually get left in the cold when it comes to good deals. :( Sorry I didn't mention the Canadian thing earlier, don't hold it against me eh? This is a good deal tho, I'm excited for these to arrive! And also slightly nervous at the same time.

If the box is damaged you may be able to go to a local toyshop and ask for an exchange. The other day we accepted an exchanged for a starwars set that was originally bought in Denmark... Just a tip. I don't know how kind businesses are but the shop I work in is accepting of all Legos

Yes I was thinking the same thing. Only problem is I can't find the Vampire Castle in any Canadian shops right now! lol Lets just hope I don't need to. :)