For the love of Lego!

speedsausage

Having the Christmas spirit in me today, I thought I would start a thread where people could share stories or incidents affecting people other than themselves pertaining to Lego in a positive way. ie. Making a kids day because you didn't want that shredder polybag that you randomly gave him.

I know this forum is about investing, making money, knowing what our plastic is worth etc. etc. but it feels like we forget how the end result can really affect people who whole heartedly love Lego.

I will start with a link a coworker sent me today.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1722843/how-kevin-bieksa-buying-a-star-wars-lego-set-changed-a-young-mans-life/

• Like 3

Not fully LEGO related but this year we are donating a pallet of baby gear, toys, clothes to a family one of my partners is sponsoring. We are sending a pallet from Atlanta, one of the companies we buy from in nashville is sending one and another friend in the salvage business in west Palm is also donating a pallet. Another friend who does our freight offered to pay half the freight rates as well. The family has 4 kids ranging from newborn to 7 so figured I'd put in some LEGO sets as well and some duplo for the younger ones. Now just have to get it all ready tomorrow for pickup on Monday.

• Like 1

For a high school holiday project, I had purchased a couple of Galidor figures (the villain and some blue alien) to wrap up and donate. ....Not sure if that was good or bad. :pardon: Closer to nowadays sometimes when feeling Minifigures and another person comes up, I try to ask if they're looking for anyone specific and then help look for it. If I already found one, I just take the character from my cart and hand it to them.

Also one time last year I mentioned to a mother and daughter in the Friends aisle who were looking intently at the Dolphin Cruiser that they could bring the set up to customer service and have the store price match Amazon to save quite a bit off the sticker price. It is odd how so many still don't seem to know of the whole price matching policy at all even today.

The kids and I had a 2 hour drive to Richmond for Lego Fest.  To keep it an "All Lego Day" I brought some free polybags, that include mini-figures, along for the road trip.  It doesn't matter how much the pollybags wold have sold for down the road because their excitement was priceless.