LEGOLAND FL/CA - Inventory Report/Questions

Britsnap

Hi- I am new around here, mainly a lego collector for my son and I for sets we want. I like to buy sets on sale more than anything when I find them...however have enjoyed reading recent posts about TH, GE, HH etc.

The thrill of the chase is so exciting indeed.

Today I went to Legoland Florida with my family, here is a synopsis of some of their inventory:

HH- in stock but has its own place behind the counter, very low supply.

TH- tons of them in every store, lots of stock per employee.

SC- had two in the stores only- great seller for British visitors, we're expecting many more to come

T1- tons

Tumbler- tons, slow seller (prob because of price)

GE ( I think I have that abbreviation right)- tons

HE- tons

Mersk- I counted 10

The lego employe I spoke to for a while ( we met most, my son was mini fig swapping all day) was a manager and we discussed business for a little bit. The big sets are slow sellers as most people who come are reluctant to buy a big set, because of the pricing and the large box for traveling home with. He also said that as long as a product was not retired, Legolands In general will have it, they are committed to carrying every product until it is retired- so as not to disappoint any customer and giving everyone the opportunity to purchase something that they want...

With that being said- the hint was that HH was about to be retired first out of the sets mentioned, it had lost shelf space and they were placing behind the counter to actively clear their stock. He thought SC wouldn't retire anytime soon, he hoped it wouldn't as it was a great product for military enthusiasts and Brits.

Legoland does not honor VIP and outs no limits on quantities.

Interesting to point out that there were no Delorians, Exo Suits or RI's, when I asked he said he will get more in, the price point is so good that they sell really fast and in large quantities.

All this info may have been covered elsewhere, I resisted the urge to buy anything my friend however got 2 TH's, 3 SC's, 2 HH',s with no sales tax and shipping to DC. My son raked up on mixels and my daughter mini figs- my wife was in shock that I did not buy any more than that.

Thanks for this great resource, I love this website, may the lego gods be good to you all.!

Cheers

• Like 9

The lego employe I spoke to for a while ( we met most, my son was mini fig swapping all day) was a manager and we discussed business for a little bit. The big sets are slow sellers as most people who come are reluctant to buy a big set, because of the pricing and the large box for traveling home with.

This is very true. When I went to Legoland Florida two years ago, I didn't have much space left to travel home with. That is why I bought a $15 set instead of a $200+ set. If I lived closer to Legoland Florida, I would have considered buying some larger sets at the time.

I can confirm that Legoland florida is out of stock all lego and enforcing the ban hammer for any purchase over $50.

Nobody ever go there.  

The first rule of Legoland FL is we don't talk about Legoland FL.

I heard the same thing!!  Lived there most of my life and do miss that combo of DT Disney & the park.  Luckily my friend still lives there and works right across from the park!

• Like 1

Okay, which one of you clowns was with me and my son at Legoland CA this morning? YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Everyone else: move along, nothing to see here.

:derisive:

Hahahahahaha...it wasn't me. I know of a BP'er that was there, but there QFLLs that buy up stock as well (the BP'er I speak of saw someone else buying up some goodies).

I may have to PM you for some details.

Hahahahahaha...it wasn't me. I know of a BP'er that was there, but there QFLLs that buy up stock as well (the BP'er I speak of saw someone else buying up some goodies).

I may have to PM you for some details.

what is "QFLL"?  seen often but still haven't figured that one out yet...

The shelf stacker is clearly a brickpicker - Fairground mixer and SOH at placed at eye level - for cockroaches.

That's actually not the only place they have the Fairground Mixer.  Although, that's the "Exclusives Wall" (and generally where I go first when I go into that shop).  There's another wall where some of the other Exclusives go, including the Star Wars Exclusives.  Other Creator sets go on that wall, too, and that's the other place the EEE, Fairground Mixer, Horizon Express and Winter Village sets could be.

Usually, there's a couple of Simpson Houses on those shelves.

Hmm...maybe I will start snapping a picture of that wall every time I go, just to give us a visual journey over the next year...

PS - Mods - maybe you could move the last couple posts that are related to LL California over to that thread?  Please?

• 3 weeks later...

I was just there. Insane. No limits on anything. They are not owned by lego but by wizard entertainment who leased the license. That's why VIP doesn't work there. I got 2 triple e a tumbler 2 town halls 2 tower of orthanc 2 asylums and other random stuff. 10 percent off with Merlin pass too. That place is nuts. Also all the lego discovery lands or whatever are also licensed by wizard. Guy said lego started them but couldn't make money. Wizard is biggest entertainment company besides Disney

Two things:

1) I'm so glad you said this was Florida. I was just at the CA one and they didn't have squat, and would be raging more than a little if I had just missed a big shipment.

2) SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Why would you give out maps to a personal gold mine?