Best way to get various bricks

hayya14

I am new to LEGO. I have bought maybe six or seven sets. I would like to expand my collection. I want to get bricks that are versatile and can be used in many different ways. I like to make my own creations, so I want to get bricks that will let me create my own ideas and not just variations of the set on the box picture.

So my problem is that the sets in store are made mostly to create what's on the box. ( I know they can create more.) And the creative buckets have just square, blockish blocks. Plus the sets don't have the colors I need, or have colors I won't ever use. Mostly I like to make space ships, so green blocks don't look right.

Other than buying individual bricks, does someone have good ideas to get creative blocks in bulk? Obviously money is an object... Just wondering what the best way is to expand my building options?

Thanks

f.png

I am new to LEGO. I have bought maybe six or seven sets. I would like to expand my collection. I want to get bricks that are versatile and can be used in many different ways. I like to make my own creations, so I want to get bricks that will let me create my own ideas and not just variations of the set on the box picture.

So my problem is that the sets in store are made mostly to create what's on the box. ( I know they can create more.) And the creative buckets have just square, blockish blocks. Plus the sets don't have the colors I need, or have colors I won't ever use. Mostly I like to make space ships, so green blocks don't look right.

Other than buying individual bricks, does someone have good ideas to get creative blocks in bulk? Obviously money is an object... Just wondering what the best way is to expand my building options?

Thanks

f.png

If you're near a Lego store, check out the pick-a-brick wall.  You can fill a cup with many specialized elements along with regular blocks.

Also, you can buy any pieces you need from sellers on BrickLink.

I like to design stuff using Lego Digital Designer (LDD) and then buy parts on BrickLink or get them from the pick-a-brick wall if I need them.