Rumor - Cloud City 2015

NZ-EUG

Hi all,

So I was on you tube watching the Brick Queens review of the Lego Dark Side book by DK publishing.

Towards the end of her quick review she showed the last few pages in the book, which depicts the duel between Darth Vader and Luke in Empire Strikes Back.

She teased/mentioned that this could a screen shot of an upcoming new version of Cloud City Set for 2015? Not seen since 2003.

Is she right? or was it just a MOC made for the book?

here's the link

LEGO usually uses some MOCs for their books as nice backgrounds (what else should they use, a banana?) so I'd say that it probably has nothing to do with a potential UCS Cloud City Set.

Saying this of course it still is possible that there will be another UCS Cloud City, but if so I doubt that it will be related to what is illustrated in the book.

Well there hasn't been a UCS cloud city so there definitely won't be "another" one. I do agree though that she is just pulling stuff out of her behind when she was talking about the possibility of lego making a cloud city in 2015. No disrespect to her because I do like her review videos but she is known in the youtube world as being quite the drama queen.

Well there hasn't been a UCS cloud city so there definitely won't be "another" one. I do agree though that she is just pulling stuff out of her behind when she was talking about the possibility of lego making a cloud city in 2015. No disrespect to her because I do like her review videos but she is known in the youtube world as being quite the drama queen.

Understatement of the day award.

While I will take any information with a huge grain of salt, Lego has been known to throw hints out like this.  It is wishful thinking because a large Cloud City is my ultimate want above anything else, even a re-made 10179.  If it's true, it would be toward the end of '15 since it seems the Tie is the early '15 set and we don't know the UCS/exclusive for the second half of the year.

It seems plenty of things in the SW universe get remakes and updates, so certainly not out of the question. TLG has to know that OT sets are the most highly sought after, and there have been plenty of sets from Episode IV and VI recently. Not saying there haven't been Hoth sets, but I think we are overdue for a CC set. I see TLG & DIsney really ramping up in preparation for the films.