Tips for selling on Craigslist?

kenaijoe

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for getting sales on Craigslist. I am trying to sell a HH on craigslist right now. Here is my listing: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tag/4717975720.html

I have had it up there for about 10 days probably, without much interest. Is my price just too high? Or is there something else I can do to help it sell?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for getting sales on Craigslist. I am trying to sell a HH on craigslist right now. Here is my listing: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tag/4717975720.html

I have had it up there for about 10 days probably, without much interest. Is my price just too high? Or is there something else I can do to help it sell?

Thanks!

I'd take out/reword the part that says "This set is nearing retirement and is sold out in stores and on lego.com."  it kinda tells the potential buyer that there is still hope that they will find it out in the wild still or that you just picked it up from a nearby store & are just trying to scalp it - don't give them someplace else to watch so they buy now instead.   I'd go with something like "Impossible to find in stores", "Extremely Rare" something that tells them in advance "you're not going to find this anywhere anymore" instead of "you just missed it"...  ie "nearly" means "still available" to Joe.

It's an expensive set so you are targeting collectors, family builders & higher disposable incomes... you should mention it's a Collectible, it's Big, it's worth spending money on (make a big deal that it's over  TWO THOUSAND parts, rare minifigs in this set etc.)   your add is nice & too the point - it will catch investors & collectors but you may want to make it more flashy to catch a wider range of general hobbiests & family builders too.

Don't point people to Amazon. They can buy it there for just a bit more than your price, delivered to their door and with returns (sure, not prime, but so what?). With that in mind - your price might be a little high right now, but that is just my opinion.

i agree with 10230. price is too high. When was the last time you shopped on CL where you weren't looking for a deal?

List "Not available in stores" instead of "sold out in stores"

you are targeting a very specific audience with this set and this price.

I can buy on Fleabay for $309 with free shipping and buyer protection. If you want this price for this set. wait.

Price is to high, you will never get a premium price on Craigslist; you may get some more action during holiday shopping season, but prepare to haggle if you want it to sell. I like a lot of the suggestions you have received. I anticipate This set will fetch $500 plus next year as well, hold if you have the ability to do so.