What was your most challenging build and why?

Pseudoty

10212 Imperial Shuttle.  Not a difficult build really, but very time consuming.  All of the white starts to blend together after a while, especially when building the wings.  Also, it's a 2500 piece set with no numbered bags, it's the first time I actually took time to sort the pieces before building rather than just dumping them in a pile.  It was also hard to tell the difference between gray, dark gray, and black in the instructions.  I ended up with 2 dark gray 1x4 plates when building the stand at the end, so the correct black ones I needed are buried somewhere in the shuttle.

I think the posts on the older Star Wars sets show just how much better directions have gotten over the last several years.

In terms of print quality the color problems still exist in brand new sets I've bought this year.  Some books are better than others, but it's still a pain to tell the difference between some colors.

In terms of the actual steps, I find that the baby steps instructions have get tedious.  There is no reason most of the time to have 2-3 instruction books, especially for the sets aimed for older teens and adults like UCS.