An Amazon conundrum

mightycaseyatbat

Hello Pickers... I need your help. Are there any savvy Amazon users out there?

Here's the deal... My job gives merit awards, that are amazon gift cards. Awesome right? Well when I add them to my Amazon account, I can often get upwards to $150 worth. Which is great. I ordered an AA a few weeks ago. Now, that set is $200 on Amazon, a good $40-50 over retail. Which is not so cool. There are a number of other sets I'm interested in, but don't want to have to pay over retail even if these are merit awards and not money coming out of my pocket.

Does anyone know of a way to get those funds in my hand and not spend on amazon? All of my research yields that I must spend on Amazon.

Since my last purchase, I've got $75 piled up to spend. So it will be a little while still until I can make another purchase.

Am I just stuck paying over retail on Amazon?

Best,

AC

reason it is over MRSP is because Amazon itself is OOS, what you are looking at are third party seller prices. the same i would assume applies to sets, unless they are retired then of course it is a different ball game.

Just be patient, Amazon will eventually restock these sets, as we draw closer to the holiday season, more sets will "poof" for few weeks 

loki1244 - thanks, I have considered that. Might more trouble than it's worth, but with holidays coming, maybe I can score some nice deals.

holleman67 - tried that. The only other gift cards I saw were restaurant type stuff. I'll look again though. And for sure, I don't want to come off as ungrateful. I am very appreciative for the GCs.

Bold arrow - thanks, I will be patient. Was just going to try to start sticking up on some exclusive sets and was bummed that so many are above MSRP.

Thanks all, appreciate the responses!

loki1244 - thanks, I have considered that. Might more trouble than it's worth, but with holidays coming, maybe I can score some nice deals.

holleman67 - tried that. The only other gift cards I saw were restaurant type stuff. I'll look again though. And for sure, I don't want to come off as ungrateful. I am very appreciative for the GCs.

Bold arrow - thanks, I will be patient. Was just going to try to start sticking up on some exclusive sets and was bummed that so many are above MSRP.

Thanks all, appreciate the responses!

I'm suggesting taking the Amazon credit and seeing if it'll let you use that to purchase gift cards from Amazon.com.