Question about Seal on Grand Emporium

Katsumi

Hello! I hope this is the correct spot.. I couldn't find an answer via google :) I received a Grand Emporium (#10211) from Amazon that was suppose to be new. However, upon inspection, one end of the box had the seals cut and then new ones placed over it. The old seals (on the side of the box that hadn't been cut) read 45R2. The side with the new seals read 48R2. Should I be concerned about this? I read about an issue with the chandelier in older sets, but this was purchased brand new just this past Wednesday. Do you think my box was just opened to insert missing pieces by LEGO? Or should I return it ASAP and not take a chance? Any input on this is greatly appreciated :) Thank you! Edit: And this set was sold by Amazon.com, not a third party.

Thank you - Amazon is letting me return it at their expense. I wanted one for investment, so I want to make sure that it is perfect. I'm trying to invest in a few sets after seeing things I've bought my little cousin's triple in value! lol :) I just noticed that the other set I ordered has the same issue! It's the Medieval Market Village. Same issue - one end of the box has had the seals cut and replaced with seals that have a different number. Thanks again for the input!

Thank you - Amazon is letting me return it at their expense. I wanted one for investment, so I want to make sure that it is perfect. I'm trying to invest in a few sets after seeing things I've bought my little cousin's triple in value! lol :)

I just noticed that the other set I ordered has the same issue! It's the Medieval Market Village. Same issue - one end of the box has had the seals cut and replaced with seals that have a different number.

Thanks again for the input!

Whether or not Lego did it doesn't change the fact that any buyer down the road would find it suspicious. If you have the time to call Lego, I would be curious what they would say about this (would they ever do this?).

I have a similar issue with the Grand Emporium (#10211) I bought on Target.com. One side of the box had a sticker that was cut, then a new sticker was placed over it. The 2nd sticker on the same flap looked like it was peeled off and replaced with another sticker. I was planning on returning it to a Target store. But I read rumors of a defective chandelier on this set, do you think Lego recalled and replaced the part?

Hello! I hope this is the correct spot.. I couldn't find an answer via google :)

I received a Grand Emporium (#10211) from Amazon that was suppose to be new. However, upon inspection, one end of the box had the seals cut and then new ones placed over it. The old seals (on the side of the box that hadn't been cut) read 45R2. The side with the new seals read 48R2.

Should I be concerned about this? I read about an issue with the chandelier in older sets, but this was purchased brand new just this past Wednesday. Do you think my box was just opened to insert missing pieces by LEGO? Or should I return it ASAP and not take a chance?

Any input on this is greatly appreciated :) Thank you!

Edit: And this set was sold by Amazon.com, not a third party.

FWIW, my 10211 has the exact same numbers on the tape. Mine don't seem to have been cut and re-taped, though. I got my set directly from legoshop.com

If TLG did recall some sets and replaced the defective piece, you wouldn't even notice, their quality control is to a much higher standard than just ripping a box open and half ass sealing it back up. I think that any box that seems suspect should be returned for a box that has not been tempered with, even if it was LEGO (which I doubt) that tempered with it.

Yeah. I would be okay with it I think if just the numbers were different, but this was obviously re-taped. You can see the broken seal underneath the new seal and you can tell it was cut because the edges of the cut seal are sticking out from under the new one :( I might give LEGO a call on monday, but we'll see. I really appreciate the quick replies :) For now i'll return it to Amazon and hope I'm able to get replacements once they are back in stock.

I bought some kingdom chess sets from lego and noticed the same thing That the seal underneath is cut and has another tape seal over that. Am worried if I exchange them the same thing could happen. Think I should just return them? I'm worried if I went to sell them in a few years a buyer would think they were resealed Or tampered with even though since they came from lego directly I'm sure they're fine. Anyone have any advice?...return or keep?