Technic 2015

TheOrcKing

My guess is that they will be available on August 1st.

Or on March.

August or March... set 42039 or 42040... each one will have its own month to be released on.

Picture of the set 42040:

TBs_20150128_1c.png

source: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105261

(this fire plane looks awesome BTW and I'm far more excited with this one)

Edited by biniou

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know the release dates for the new sets?  I'm itching for the 24-hour car, it's out in Europe already, and I don't know how much longer I can restrain myself!

As an incorrigible endurance racing fan (will be my 4th time at 24 Heures du Mans this June), I immediately wanted the 24-hour Race Car. Ordered it from Amazon.co.uk last month, came out to around US$150 total I think? Huge bastard of a thing. I ended up having to build a stabilisation fin for it, like in the prep-production photos and added more Octan/generic LEGO racecar stickers - "Sponsored by Wheels/Hot Car/Racing" sort of thing. Fin is mandated by the ACO/FIA for all manufacturers of LMP1/LMP2 prototypes, LEGO's ones shouldn't be an exception! Functions are rather boring though. Doors lift together as does the rear engine cover through a single mechanism linked with a gearbox, and the HOG steering. Massive presence though, significantly longer than the 8110 Unimog. Do not regret jumping on it early.

Now, I am a n00b when it comes to this investing and thingie so take it with a grain of salt but I would imagine many petrolheads and racing fans will love having this huge thing; I see it becoming somewhat sought after, possibly more in Europe and Asia than the United States as endurance racing/WEC has higher profile over there. The endurance racing scene in the USA with the TUSC rigmarole and the hideous DP cars may make a difference IMHO in how broad its appeal would be. Perhaps it will be a niche set compared to the 2015 crawler crane and big M.B. lorry (which I will find hard to resist).

I'm no more exicted about this new plane.

Some details disappoint me, but the worst part is about the "ok let's save some pieces and create a model which will be cool on the box".

Result: floats of this floatplane are only a facade...

10727510.jpg

And I don't think it will be "power function ready" (otherwise the battery box will ruin the display)

Edited by biniou

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...