Technic 2015

TheOrcKing

That LeMans car is awesome!!!!!!!! Can't wait to build it already! Would that be the direct replacement of the F1 car 42000?

Indeed! It looks great :-O 

I like the truck too btw

Found another nice picture: LEGO TECHNIC 24 Hours Race Car (42039)'' target='_blank'>LEGO TECHNIC 24 Hours Race Car (42039)>LEGO TECHNIC 24 Hours Race Car (42039)

Edited by JM123

Thanks for the pics. :)

I'm very curious to see the alternate versions and the two biggest sets ($129 and $199, with power function). I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed by those 2015 sets: sets from previous years are better designed IMHO.

The best for investment from those 9 sets may be the 42038, because it's very uncommon, and when kids will grow and will want some more complicated lego sets, they will look at it and it will remind them their beloved city artic sets they played with, some years ago (for example).

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

Basically its cars, trucks, airplanes, helicopters, construction machines, off road vehicles. Mix, rinse and repeat.

I have stopped hoping for something new or clever mechanism from Lego, such as a great ball contraption, roller coaster, cuckoo clock, walking robot, animals, bugs, or a set to build all kinds of simple mechanism..

They used to have such sets, but the Technic team (to be fair, its probably the tie and suit marketing execs who never stepped out of air conditioned space) have stopped thinking for the last 10 years.

Edited by legone
  • Like 2

Basically its cars, trucks, airplanes, helicopters, construction machines, off road vehicles. Mix, rinse and repeat.

I have stopped hoping for something new or clever mechanism from Lego, such as a great ball contraption, roller coaster, cuckoo clock, walking robot, animals, bugs, or a set to build all kinds of simple mechanism..

They used to have such sets, but the Technic team (to be fair, its probably the tie and suit marketing execs who never stepped out of air conditioned space) have stopped thinking for the last 10 years.

They've also saved the company from going bust in those 10 years. Making crazy/weird sets instead of sticking to classic, basic models is one of the things that got them in trouble in the first place.

I agree though, a few more interesting sets would be nice.

Edited by tractorboy

I think the reasons that they almost went bankrupt was too many parts (higher cost of production), sets and themes deviating from the basics, and most importantly, not selling (Galidor or something like that).

Technic during that time was doing OK, I think.

Can we do some guesses for the last two sets ? :)

First,  I think of a truck with a crane, a picker, a trailer or... a ladder. Yeah, I dream think of a fire truck ($199).

Second, I can't stop thinking about a combine harvester ($129)... it's weird such a set hasn't been released since a lot of years (if I'm not mistaking)

And third (yeah, I give myself 3 tries !) the 2013 - 42006 (excavator) makes me wonder if a "real" digger may appear in 2015.

If not in 2015, I think we'll see it in 2016. Well, I'll put a joker on this one.

Note: other guess :P telescopic handler (high probabilty one this one too)... I do not think of a big dump truck, because of the small mining truck. I would have bet on a super car, but hey the 24h race car is here.

2nd note: I realize that a steamroller has never been released in technics: time to give childs this vehicule, mister LEGO !

Edited by biniou

Guest TabbyBoy

I reckon that the Race Truck, 24hr Racer & Motorbike are the pick of the bunch.  However, it's best to wait a while for the inevitable 30-40% discounts.  Didn't the last Race Truck do rather well?

The last Race Truck is identical to the new Race Truck.  So maybe the image is inaccurate and it will actually be a different Race Truck?  Please?  At least a different color scheme?  Come on LEGO!

I would be thrilled if this version: '>  ends up being the B Model for 42039.

• 1 month later...
Guest davewager78

Not a fan of any of those really. I want something in the BIG set vein. 42009, unimog, volvo digger type set. From a building perspective, as an AFOL, i want to be able to spend my cash and time on the most expensive highest part count sets they have

• 3 weeks later...