Speed Champions 2015

TheOrcKing

I picked up three sets of the 4 $15 cars a couple weeks ago. I successfully QFLL'd 2 sets, one at $115 the other at $100.

I stacked coupons and TRU cc 10% and points. I wanted a set for myself, so after selling those two sets, I've got one set for myself and an extra $1.50 in my pocket. Obviously if I wanted to sell the last set, it would be pure profit.

I'm not a racing fan at all, and didn't think I'd like these until I saw them. I like every set. They all look great.

Ferrari is Ferrari but you are right that the key to making cash from these will be buy in Price.

The good thing is the price point and PPC are good so these could make good Xmas flips.

I agree. I expect to see at least this range at Christmas. If supply is short. If a non-existent it will be higher.

The way TRU applies reward cards is idiotic. I had the same rewards issue ordering speed champions online.

I've found you need to buy a single item of greater value than the reward to get full value. You can't split it between items. Dumb. Also, it subtracts from full MSRP. No stacking with other coupons or 10% Thursday.

I have a $200 reward, and there's not a lot of appealing sets at that price point. Might order a Sandcrawler online or maybe the Volvo Loader.

Edited by diablo2112

The way TRU applies reward cards is idiotic. I had the same rewards issue ordering speed champions online.

I've found you need to buy a single item of greater value than the reward to get full value. You can't split it between items. Dumb. Also, it subtracts from full MSRP. No stacking with other coupons or 10% Thursday.

I have a $200 reward, and there's not a lot of appealing sets at that price point. Might order a Sandcrawler online or maybe the Volvo Loader.

The funny thing is the fine print on the reward says it come off your order, not a single item. I asked about this and they said they recently changed it but haven't updated the terms in the fine print.

I work for a giant multinational law firm that specializes in suing companies and protecting consumers. I will ask if that is legal.

Edited by mscheaf

The funny thing is the fine print on the reward says it come off your order, not a single item. I asked about this and they said they recently changed it but haven't updated the terms in the fine print.

I work for a giant multinational law firm that specializes in suing companies and protecting consumers. I will ask if that is legal.

Please don't sue them over something this silly.  Win or loose this kind of lawsuit is going to make it even harder and more expensive for the rest of us to order from TRU

• Like 1

Here are a couple of reviews done by a reviewer with a generally unique approach of not necessarily reviewing the set much as creating a stop-motion build animation as the review itself. Sort of interesting and entertaining, here is MADABOUTLEGO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDOOPi4_xg4

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome sets.  I picked these up today at TRU.

However, boy did Lego miss a chance at an epic set number.  They gave 75911 to the McLaren, and 75912 to the Porsche set.  Really?  You couldn't give 75911 to the Porsche?

I wasn't really keeping up with this forum & had just noticed the same thing & was about to make the same comment. For a creative company they really missed the ball here...

I'm not a racing fan at all, but really loved the look of these and picked up at least the 4 individual cars. At some point I want to get the 2 cars that are together. I doubt will get the big rig or the formula one cars. They aren't as interesting to me. I've got the four individual cars on my desk at work. I think these can cater to AFOLs easily. A complete set at some point could do well. Are these anywhere other than Toys R Us?

I'm not a racing fan at all, but really loved the look of these and picked up at least the 4 individual cars. At some point I want to get the 2 cars that are together. I doubt will get the big rig or the formula one cars. They aren't as interesting to me. I've got the four individual cars on my desk at work. I think these can cater to AFOLs easily. A complete set at some point could do well. Are these anywhere other than Toys R Us?

Only tru and Lego. These are always sold out at tru haven't seen a complete set since they first came out.

unfortunately for many reasons, the theme is a TRU exclusive.

i have a small stash of the individual cars to sell as complete sets.  these are my favorite to mix up my shop at home purchase history when its all red 5, pc and ps.  the yellow mcclaren P1 is the early winner of the 4 smaller individual sets.  i think the larger sets will also do well just because of relative scarcity in distribution (e.g. no target or walmart).

Edited by cladner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...