Upcoming Announcement from LEGO...

i wish the announcement would have been about new Monster Fighter sets or even bionicle minifig scaled sets.

That reminds me. I do like the current Hero Factory offerings with somewhat minifigure scaled characters featuring heads, helmets, and armor that can fit onto a regular minifigure. The two boxed sets out now of 44028 and 44029 look to be the best if all you really want are the little hero figures.

My son loves these sets and so do I. I have always loved Bionicle and Hero Factory sets and by looking at the themes overall CAGR, one can make a case that many other people love them as well. I always thought of them as a "bio" Technic theme and I love the variety of colors and piece types. Don't underestimate these sets. They may never reach top dollar, but they are consistent producers and can be found on discount every year.

• Like 1

My son loves these sets and so do I. I have always loved Bionicle and Hero Factory sets and by looking at the themes overall CAGR, one can make a case that many other people love them as well. I always thought of them as a "bio" Technic theme and I love the variety of colors and piece types. Don't underestimate these sets. They may never reach top dollar, but they are consistent producers and can be found on discount every year.

i should have given you loose 20 sets from the mid to late 2000s for your son then.  Some had boxes and all had manuals. i couldn't sell them for even original MSRP.  Sucks though.  I ended up giving them away to strangers

can be found on discount every year.

I bet they can :) (sorry, but I couldn't resist)

I also have what might be 100's of them (in parts/sections) just sitting in boxes. Unfortunately, the time/effort/payoff required to verify/complete these sets just isn't there.

Edited by KShine

These sets are not that easy to reassemble once they are thrown into a huge container.  That is the truth.  My son does enjoy making  crazy looking monsters from them though.  He loves Chima sets as well.  The minifigures are top notch.  

My nephew (who is 10) loves Bionocle for the same reason.  He just loves creating crazy creatures.  I got him a 20 lb box off of Goodwill for cheap (like $10) one time, and he actually took the time to write me a thank you note, and tell me that, "it was the best day of his life."

• Like 2