Selling/shipping to Singapore?!

speedsausage

I have an RI up for auction at the moment, Canada and US only. I received a message from someone in Singapore if I would be willing to ship to there. I'm a little hesitant on this, also I'm not sure how to update the shipping so I can go international on an item already in progress. I have never shipped international either. My thought was to reply with either a) an international auction so he can bid or b ) an agreed on BIN price. He said he would like one for his daughters birthday. His feed back is good and his feed back is from all over, US, UK, Spain etc.

Any thoughts, suggestions, experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by speedsausage

Honestly, in the future. use the GSP and base your items out of the US.  This is the easiest method as you are close to the border.

I have sold quite a few items using the GSP and it is really easy - one recent item was to Singapore and the item took a total of 7 business days to be delivered from when I dropped it off at the post office on a Sunday night - I can't arrange that with Canada Post.

Additionally, you are not responsible for filling out customs paperwork and that can be a challenge depending on the country you are shipping to (Brazil for example)

When I wasn't using the GSP, I would look up the cost of shipping and tracking and the buyer usual changed their mind due to the expense.

• Like 2

This thread title definitely attracted me to come here.

I do not think you can change the ship location to worldwide while it is already in progress. Anyone else to confirm?

Do check your shipping cost first before agreeing on BIN price. Shipping overseas can get expensive.

Honestly, in the future. use the GSP and base your items out of the US. This is the easiest method as you are close to the border.

That didn't even cross my mind and it's a good suggestion, I'll look into it. In short, do I need to change my eBay account to only ship from the US or do I have the option of flopping back and forth from shipping from US or shipping from Canada?

Recently sold two very expensive rare used Technic sets to a buyer in Malaysia, shipped through the GSP, so yes it is a great idea to offer this option, and for some sets its the only way for buyers in certain locals to get these. The shipping costs paid by the buyer were over $70 USD, I will note that I don't know how to see the actual shipping costs paid by the buyer except when you leave feedback.  Anyone have some other way to see the shipping costs the buyer actually pays.  GSP is expensive but easy for us sellers, and in some cases it is cheaper than creating your own shipping.

You only have to change the item location. As my default, I list all items as being in the US, then I ship domestically depending on the buyer.

Again great info redghostx! I'll take a look into this tomorrow when everybody is out if the house.

I'm thinking that this is more worth while with bigger ticket items because when crossing the border and paying the $10 fee, that really eats into the profits when selling lower priced sets.

On the other hand, I would like to ship worldwide since I get a much bigger audience instead limiting my sales to just ******. America which in turn gets me top dollar due to more competition... I would assume.