10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

How long do you think this will be for sale? Is it going to be out for a few years or will it go EOL quickly?

A little stretched on investment funds right now, but I want to make sure I get a few.

I am stretched on my investment funds as well right now but just managed to pick one up yesterday, however it will be to build whenever I can open up some time and escape from my studies. I plan to pick up a couple extras to invest in hopefully some time this fall, but my guess is that this set will be out for awhile.

In a perfect world it would EOL right after Halloween, but we all know that isn't going to happen, regardless it's one of the most detailed/coolest sets I've ever seen and I definitely believe it will do great in the aftermarket whenever that day comes.

Just want to post a link to a great review of this set by The Brick Show. Its a nice 21 minute review. Always a lot of fun watching them :)

http://www.brickshow.com/lego-monster-fighters-haunted-house-review-set-10228

Yeah, I saw that a few days ago.

Those guys are....unique......

But I do like their "show". It takes a while for it to grow on you but they are entertaining and they're having fun, which is the most important thing.

Personally I will pick up one of the Star Wars UCS B-wing sets at some time, because of investment potential. I will probably get two or three haunted houses, because I love the set and I would like to build one, and because I think it has a wider target audience and even more potential than the Star Wars set. Of course, it is all just my opinion.

Someone was asking whether to get a SW Gunship or 2 Haunted houses... Well my question is what is your opinion between The Haunted House or the new SW UCS B-Wing?

Yeah that was me. Are you buying one of these to build or to store/invest? I think if you are going to build it you should go with the haunted house, looks super fun to build and plus it is almost Halloween! I am going to reluctantly buy the B wing just beacause it a UCS set and its Star Wars! It seems kinda blah to me but once again its Star Wars so TAKE MY MONEY!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I noticed the Haunted House listed on Toys R Us website, as what looks like a placeholder: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12710100 Shop.lego.com calls the set exclusive (though now out of stock, expected ship date 12/1). http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Haunted-House-10228 So does "exclusive" means whatever LEGO wants it to mean, and for as long? I know the Mini Modulars used to be only for VIP members...

I noticed the Haunted House listed on Toys R Us website, as what looks like a placeholder:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12710100

Shop.lego.com calls the set exclusive (though now out of stock, expected ship date 12/1).

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Haunted-House-10228

So does "exclusive" means whatever LEGO wants it to mean, and for as long? I know the Mini Modulars used to be only for VIP members...

Call me dumb but what purpose does a 'placeholder' have?

i too was wondering about the mini modulars. at first they were only available exclusively for vip members. now anybody can walk into a lego store and buy it.

Since it only takes answering a few questions to become a VIP member, I don't think it's a very exclusive club.

But the terms "limited" and "exclusive" are used very loosely by TLG. What they like to call their exclusives generally find their way to TRU.com and Target.com at some point. The sets numbered 10000 and higher are generally reserved for what they call exclusives. They often put "limited edition" on the store specific exclusive sets that are only sold at one specific retailer like TRU, Walmart or Target (and of course directly from TLG). These sets usually have numbers that go along with the other sets that were released from the same line at the same time and are presumably produced in smaller numbers since only one retailer other than TLG is selling them.

Call me dumb but what purpose does a 'placeholder' have?

I'd guess it's an easy way for the site admins to prep for the eventual functionality of the page, while giving us potential buyers a clue. I for one am now waiting for a TRU BOGO40 for the set, instead of settling for mere double VIP points from S @ ****.