Why is Tumbler 76023 on Amazon now Pre-Order and FBA only??

toycrazedchris

I just noticed on Amazon that the Tumbler is listed as pre-order for release in 2015 and now only FBA sellers are shown as sellers. Has anyone seen this happen before with an already released product?

This is by 3rd party seller, via FBA. When you are listing an item, you have an option to set the date when it becomes available and still accept orders. I.e. what you are seeing is not official Amazon listing.

Amazon lets qualified sellers create new catalog items. You see this often with LEGO sets that are Walmart/Target/TRU exclusives where sellers will just create multiple duplicate items because Amazon does not create an "offical" listing. Amazon does goes back and remove duplicates but it is probably usually only after someone points it out to them.

Makes it interesting when you are selling via FBA with a duplicate listing and then it suddenly disappears/merges in with another one.

Edited by grackleflint

Now if this is some sort of indication that no new runs of Tumblers will be done before Jan 1st, then I sure will sell my at Christmas for big bucks. but then LEGO Shop at Home mentions october. but then they mention only stores.

Europe's LEGO Shop at Home shows October 17 as back in stock day, and allows ordering. Why don't they allow ordering in US? I wonder if they run into some sort of licensing issues in US :money: , that they expect to resolve only by end of year...

Edited by No More Monkeys

Even more confusing is that I have 1 listed as non-FBA, it shows in my inventory as "Active", yet it does not show up in the offers.

I call shenanigans!

This is how I noticed it. Was thinking about flipping a couple but then noticed it is only FBA sellers. It is an interesting way for an FBA seller to lock out non-FBA sellers. Definitely shenanigans!

Either way, those FBA sellers are screwed

If you are one of those FBA sellers, just contact your all powerful Amazon Overlord (Seller Support) and show them that it is a not a pre-order item and they will change it. They don't let sellers put in whatever they want, at least not permanently.

Edited by grackleflint

If you are one of those FBA sellers, just contact your all powerful Amazon Overlord (Seller Support) and show them that it is a not a pre-order item and they will change it. They don't let sellers put in whatever they want, at least not permanently.

Lol, so you still need to proof to Amazon that you actually have the item EVEN THOUGH your item was already shipped to and received by Amazon's warehouse(s) ?

Opened a case, even though I am non-FBA. Mentioned that I can provide receipt.

• Like 1

Lol, so you still need to proof to Amazon that you actually have the item EVEN THOUGH your item was already shipped to and received by Amazon's warehouse(s) ?

You should see what happened when Frozen merchandise become restricted. Everyone who had it on FBA had to prove that those were non-fakes via receipts, and even after that it was still a subject of review (i.e. if they did not feel like it, they would still not allow you to sell your FBA inventory)

You should see what happened when Frozen merchandise become restricted. Everyone who had it on FBA had to prove that those were non-fakes via receipts, and even after that it was still a subject of review (i.e. if they did not feel like it, they would still not allow you to sell your FBA inventory)

Wow! And here I thought selling via FBA was all sunshine and lollipops ;)

like I said, they wouldn't let me sell the bike shop before August back in July. No valid reason was given . Let us know when u hear back.

Were you selling via FBA? Did you open a case? Was the general non-VIP release date August 1st? If someone would pre-order, I assume they would not ship from FBA even if they know they have it?

Were you selling via FBA? Did you open a case? Was the general non-VIP release date August 1st? If someone would pre-order, I assume they would not ship from FBA even if they know they have it?

Fba. They said I wasn't allowed to sell it till official release date .. Blah blah blah... I sold a tumbler a week ago fba, not sure if Lego told them to cease and desist ??!