$1 minifig

What are everyones opinions on minifigs for $1? Should you buy as many as you can carry/afford, or leave them? Can you make any profit reselling them or would you do better buying a little larger sets?

It depends on which minifigures they are. Are they rare collectible minifigures such as the original Batman minifigures? Or just random minifigures? This all depends on what type of minifigures you have and whether or not they are highly desired by others. You can't just make money off selling any minifigure, it all comes down to which minifigure it is you're selling.

It depends on which minifigures they are.

Rich B is right, I can purchase minifigs all day long on ebay for less than $1 each, but most of them will be community workers. Besides which minifigs condition is also important, are the minifigs new, in a package (like the minifig series)?

If you look at themes, used Ninjago minifigs went for about $6 each minimum back in October when I bought a few for a project. I quickly found that I could often purchase New Ninjago sets and sell off everything but the minifigs to save money.

When Lego Shop At Home had it's sale on Minifig Series 7 and 8 at 60% off I did buy 32 of each.

Anything you buy and sell will require education, the best place is on this site and just look up sold prices on ebay.

If they are brand new, I would definitely buy them all. $30 is not that big of an investment. The retail price of lego minifigures in those themes is roughly 2.99 so you are saving over 50%. You may want to ask yourself why he is selling those? Are they picked through and is a single character or is it all commons?

Sounds like they are brand new. I'd definitely buy them all. $1 for those is a great price for those types of minifigures. I'm assuming this is one of the big B&M's, you can always return them if you change your mind later. We are on Lego Series 9. Any of the older series are retired and the value should be on an uptrend as more time passes by.