Welcome to the Brick Classifieds Open Roundtable

Jeff Mack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not clear on how feedback from bricktrader classifieds works. I've completed a trade, but I don't understand how to get any feedback associated with that trade.

There is an icon under your avatar about leaving feedback.  Your trading partner has to leave feedback for you, so maybe send a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Will there be a public API? When should we get documentation for it?

For most sellers, an API is essential to support yet another selling venue. I have written software (BrickSync: http://www.bricksync.net ) for BrickLink/BrickOwl inventory synchronization and I wouldn't mind adding support for Brick Classifieds.

So, what's the API status?

Will there be an API, yes...

When will it come out,? Not for a while, it's not really on my current radar.  Goal right now is to make it live, stable and enhance it.

Will there be an API, yes...

When will it come out,? Not for a while, it's not really on my current radar.  Goal right now is to make it live, stable and enhance it.

All right. Just keep in mind that most serious sellers won't want to lock inventory just for Brick Classifieds (or risk double selling). To be adopted by sellers, this new marketplace will need an API allowing inventory synchronization.

All right. Just keep in mind that most serious sellers won't want to lock inventory just for Brick Classifieds (or risk double selling). To be adopted by sellers, this new marketplace will need an API allowing inventory synchronization.

So I guess everyone eBay is not a serious seller?

• Like 3

Maybe our "target" seller is not all that serious. Maybe it's the small seller, with 5 or 10 sets that dabbles in this that we are looking to make happy. Maybe that's what most of our 37,000 members are. Maybe we are the Etsy of LEGO sites.
  • Like 2

Maybe our "target" seller is not all that serious. Maybe it's the small seller, with 5 or 10 sets that dabbles in this that we are looking to make happy. Maybe that's what most of our 37,000 members are. Maybe we are the Etsy of LEGO sites.

Oooh I love Etsy!

And I'm in the boat of not needing (or really knowing) API, but pretty small time compared to a lot of folks on here.

So I guess everyone eBay is not a serious seller?

Some people don't mind selling exclusively on eBay because it's already a huge marketplace.

Come on, I'm not saying that to criticize the work you are doing. All I'm saying is that an API will let big sellers share their inventory from elsewhere on Brick Classifieds. Otherwise, it would imply locking down inventory and you'll find many will be reluctant to do so.

Some people don't mind selling exclusively on eBay because it's already a huge marketplace.

Come on, I'm not saying that to criticize the work you are doing. All I'm saying is that an API will let big sellers share their inventory from elsewhere on Brick Classifieds. Otherwise, it would imply locking down inventory and you'll find many will be reluctant to do so.

I understand what you are saying, it's just not a priority right now.  This site is totally different that Bricklink and Brickowl. I have a few phases of releases of features already in progress that I want to get out before worrying about any type of set synchronization.  If and when the time comes, these big shops or whoever can try it out then.  The main goal is to get this launched.  

If I starting getting a bunch of emails of people who need to figure out why their 1000 bricks didn't import correctly it just slows everything else down.  That is time I just don't have at the moment.

Oooh I love Etsy!

And I'm in the boat of not needing (or really knowing) API, but pretty small time compared to a lot of folks on here.

I think a lot of people do.  We can't be everything for everyone.  I think what members have to realize is that the Brick Classifieds is not eBay, Bricklink, Amazon and BrickOwl all wrapped into one.  It is a site very similar to Etsy at the current time, but will morph and improve with time and input from members.  Jeff said there would be an API, just not immediately.  Jeff is very busy with the Mods and some volunteers working out some glitches and improving some features so it can launch to everyone shortly.

Jeff said there will be an API, but it is secondary to getting the site launched.  We can spend another year fine tuning it, but unless you let people at it to test it and give feedback, there is no way know if it will work and be worth the extra effort.  

Jeff said there will be an API, but it is secondary to getting the site launched.  We can spend another year fine tuning it, but unless you let people at it to test it and give feedback, there is no way know if it will work and be worth the extra effort.

All right. I'll be around when the API is ready for launch. :)

I look forward to let BrickSync users expand effortlessly their sales to a third market.

Good luck guys!