Anyway to track down a package withouth tracking?

A fellow trader and I set up a trade.  Since the trader was new, I suggested that he send first.  He supposedly sent on the 19th without tracking and I still haven't received the figs.  The figs were sent via first class, so today would be the 5th day.  It shouldn't take too long to get from IN to MI.  Obviously, I will wait a couple more days but I was wondering is there anything one could do to track the package down?  I assume this is a lost cause.

I had a similar scenario just the other day. Do you know if the package was dropped of at a post office or was it just dropped in the mailbox? If it was at the post office they usually input the senders address and receiver address into the system before they send it out. If so then they can figure out what mail route it took and they can contact each sorting facility to find out where the package is. That is what they did for me and it seemed to have worked.

A fellow trader and I set up a trade.  Since the trader was new, I suggested that he send first.  He supposedly sent on the 19th without tracking and I still haven't received the figs.  The figs were sent via first class, so today would be the 5th day.  It shouldn't take too long to get from IN to MI.  Obviously, I will wait a couple more days but I was wondering is there anything one could do to track the package down?  I assume this is a lost cause.

It's an anomaly, but I've had things take up to 2 weeks to be delivered, even using USPS Priority Mail.  I sent stuff to someone in Ohio, the same state as me.  It routed through Pennsylvania and then Georgia, before coming back to Ohio.

It's an anomaly, but I've had things take up to 2 weeks to be delivered, even using USPS Priority Mail.  I sent stuff to someone in Ohio, the same state as me.  It routed through Pennsylvania and then Georgia, before coming back to Ohio.

It's crazy, but it's true. I don't know why USPS sends stuff through other states, when the destination is in the same state as the send. It takes forever when that happens, but when I send a buyer a set that's in the same state, sometimes they get it faster than I thought it would.

It's crazy, but it's true. I don't know why USPS sends stuff through other states, when the destination is in the same state as the send. It takes forever when that happens, but when I send a buyer a set that's in the same state, sometimes they get it faster than I thought it would.

I know, sometimes the buyer is freaking out on me about it.  I'm like, "What am I supposed to do?"

I know, sometimes the buyer is freaking out on me about it.  I'm like, "What am I supposed to do?"

And then sometimes the buyer is really happy that it arrived earlier than expected. When I order stuff online, the sellers give a general estimate on when it will arrive. On one of my recent orders of school books gave an estimate of 1-2 weeks for arrival, which means I would get the books in the beginning of September. According to the USPS, it's going to arrive on 8/28.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what happened to come in the mail today?  I got the figs that were sent out the 19th of August.  This is after I made a new thread about "Weird route" for a package I sent.  I wonder if this package also went on a journey to parts unknown.

Is the zip code written correctly on the label?  I remember back in college my ex-girlfriend's parents would send her care packages that would take 2-4 weeks to get from Illinois to Michigan.  Her mom got 2 digits of the zip code mixed up, the packages eventually made it to the correct address but it took forever.

Is the zip code written correctly on the label?  I remember back in college my ex-girlfriend's parents would send her care packages that would take 2-4 weeks to get from Illinois to Michigan.  Her mom got 2 digits of the zip code mixed up, the packages eventually made it to the correct address but it took forever.

Yes, but my street address is a little smudged though.