Voldemort minifigure head with recessed stud?

varmintt

I have recently been snatching up some minifigures from retired sets from brick link.

I ordered a bunch of voldemort heads for the figure that is in 4842 and 4865 and a little more than half of the heads have the new recessed stud while the others have the original open stud with the 3 spokes that I was expecting.

Bricklink has a separate listing for the voldemort head with the recessed stud but does not identify any sets that contain this particular variation.  

Does anyone know what set this comes from?

My hope is that maybe the new head was introduced in the middle of the production run for 4842, 4865 or both and that either version could potentially be found in 4842 or 4865 depending on how late in the production run it was packaged.

post-3665-0-67256400-1408840943_thumb.jp

post-3665-0-70487800-1408840962_thumb.jp

Hi,

The sets you mentioned came with either head. Sometimes elements change or are replaced. I know this doesn't answer your question but I wouldn't be too concerned. As long as your set comes with required figs, buyers won't care.

I also have both styles and would need to check deal codes.

Note : my 10179 Falcon came with an alternative element as the original was discounted. The very last element on the page (all 41 of them)

Light Bluish Gray Technic, Pin Connector Round with Slot (Pin Joiner Round)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=10179-1

I wish Lego would get their act together in regards to what head type to continue using. It does not affect the minifigure's appearance but if the point of the holes in the top of the head are so a child will not choke to death then why have they not completely transitioned over to that version by now?