Advertising Buying Lego

Silburned

Why put the add for buying lego? It usually attracts 'dump lots'. May look good but wait till you dig in. There are plenty of adds out there of people selling their lego because their kid got tired of it and it has been collecting dust since.

I like the idea of some sort of business cards better. You go visit people that you buy some second hand lego from and if the lego looks decent, you give them a card.

One condition, both buyer and seller need to have the feeling that they're actually making a good deal and not being ripped off.

I encountered alot of soccermoms or families selling the lego of their kids. 2 weeks ago I met a Turkish woman that sold 4842 Hogwarts Castle for 85,5

• 3 weeks later...

No worries. :)

Thing is... if you sell on eBay, you are catering to the buyers so it's not entirely inaccurate.

You just gave me another brilliant idea!

When I sell something on ebay I can put one or two business cards in the package so people can contact me on my email if they need something.

Edited by Ciglione

In my area, Craigslist is relatively flooded with people offering to buy LEGO (and other toys). It's actually pretty annoying, and I think a couple people post multiple ads phrased slightly differently. One guy clearly buys lots then has fun building the sets and selling them back on CL at decent (but not investible) prices. But he also tries some shady stuff, like even though say Death Star is available for $399, he (tries) to sell on CL for $425 claiming how HARD TO FIND it is.

I used to buy from CL occasionally, but with my schedule - It's just more time and work than the rewards are worth, so unless something AMAZING jumps out at me (or its classic Space/Castle at a good price, since I can't resist) I usually pass. Many of the sets that claim to be complete aren't, but people selling them ASSUME they are. I just don't have the time to go through each set I get. I wish I did. Same deal with garage sales. Not worth the time and probable headaches. After having a really bad experience at one a few years back, I just decided buying and selling new was way less stress.

I actually suspect there are more people that buy used lots in my area than buy the new sets for reselling, because I generally do very well at the retail stores. If I were a full timer, I might spend more time buying bulk lots.

I actually suspect there are more people that buy used lots in my area than buy the new sets for reselling, because I generally do very well at the retail stores. If I were a full timer, I might spend more time buying bulk lots.

That sounds like the exact opposite in my area. I can't seem to find many good deals for reselling sets in stores, but the CL/garage sale finds are amazing. I usually score bulk lots for around $5/lb and then I sell the most of the complete sets for 3-5X what I paid for it including the costs of buying the missing pieces.

Looking good Cig. I prefer number 2 but that is personal of course. The color I like alot, it is very stylish!

Perhaps a small unconspicious decal on the side. 

What contact data you put on it?

Thanks. Actually picture number 1 is the front and picture number 2 is the back of the business card.

As contact data I will put my name, email and probably my mobile phone number. But I left it out on the picture on the forum or I might get stalked. haha

What do you mean with "a small unconspicious decal on the side"?

Thanks. Actually picture number 1 is the front and picture number 2 is the back of the business card.

As contact data I will put my name, email and probably my mobile phone number. But I left it out on the picture on the forum or I might get stalked. haha

What do you mean with "a small unconspicious decal on the side"?

Ehm.... something like this. Ok it's not that small and unconspicious but it reflects my point somewhat

post-33870-0-93200700-1410944951.png

And for contact data. Seems good. The phone number is a bit icky cuz you never know wat unsatisfied customer would stalk you :-|

Ehm.... something like this. Ok it's not that small and unconspicious but it reflects my point somewhat

attachicon.gifciglione.png

And for contact data. Seems good. The phone number is a bit icky cuz you never know wat unsatisfied customer would stalk you :-|

Looks good... but I do not want to make it to sofisticated. I like things clean and simple.  

Still contemplating about the phone number. Maybe I should leave it out. Or I will print two kinds of cards. One with and one without the phone number. With phone number I will use to give out to people who might want to sell me lego or where I bought lego from and they might know relatives or friends who have lego to sell. The ones without the telephone number will be for people buying or maybe wanting to buy lego from me.

Edited by Ciglione

Looks good... but I do not want to make it to sofisticated. I like things clean and simple.  

Still contemplating about the phone number. Maybe I should leave it out. Or I will print two kinds of cards. One with and one without the phone number. With phone number I will use to give out to people who might want to sell me lego or where I bought lego from and they might know relatives or friends who have lego to sell. The ones without the telephone number will be for people buying or maybe wanting to buy lego from me.

Sophisticated :D Just trying to help. The issue with the small set (green grocer?) on the card is that it's reaaaaaaally small and hard to read.

For the phone number. Most people don't mind to mail people, but others have a voice-fetish and really need to be able to hear someone's voice. Working with 2 kinds of cards adds to complexity tho