Extra Parts

TWO2SEVEN

What do you do with the extra parts that come with each set?

I have been putting them in a Ziploc bag and putting them in the box for the set.  When I was younger I would mix them in with my random parts.

So, what it is your method?

This is exactly what I do, but I may fish through a box for a part here and there if I need to.

• Like 1

What do you do with the extra parts that come with each set?

I have been putting them in a Ziploc bag and putting them in the box for the set.  When I was younger I would mix them in with my random parts.

So, what it is your method?

I do the same. I keep all the extra parts in a small bag which is kept with the instructions of the set. Once in a while I will use some of the extra pieces to complete a set or two, but they usually stay in the bag until they are needed.

Exactly......all over the freakin' house.

I don think that you can a single room in our house that does not have loose lego all over the place. The four boys who are able to build do not understand the concept of "lego in the basement only". But back to the subject, they get tossed with the bulk.

I've also had to get one out of a nose once several years ago.  He only made that mistake once.

My cousin's stepson did this just recently.  He was "helping" my cousin build a set, then when he couldn't find the piece he was looking for, asked young Riley where it was.  He just calmly pointed to his nose.  Of course when they couldn't get it out it was a trip to the ER

I keep all my spare parts with the sets, including all the original plastic bags!  I even sort the spares by bag number =)

Com'on, seriously?! that's organized :) I just put them in a zip lock bag... I just started really building so not too many spare bricks.

surprisingly I was missing pieces for GE and PS, nothing major just a piece or two of common stuff that I sourced out from baggie or had to be creative with what I had. I am 70% done of the first floor of FB and noticed 2 missing pieces already. maybe just my luck or lack of haha. I keep all the bricks on a big tray for my son and I to build so not like we have it scattered and lost them. I prefer not to contact Lego for missing parts (haven't yet)... especially common elements.

It is nice to have spare bricks to save the day, would suck waiting to buy a missing brick and have the uncompleted set just sit there. I refuse to move on and follow instruction pages out of order lol.

For our personal builds, we keep the box (in a plastic dust cover) and in the box are the instructions and the extra parts. We're nerdy that way, plus it's all neat and ready for our heirs (two practical, heartless wenches who happen to be our daughters ;) ) for resale.

That's pretty much what I do and why, minus the dust covers.