Disappointment

Silburned

Well, thought I had a winner of a CL find but it turned to be junk.

I responded within 15 mins of it being posted, Ad read:

Two huge bins,probably 100+ lbs lots of good pcs.  $300

Texted the seller and was assured it was all genuine Lego, clean, some good sets.  Said he needed the money and would take $250!  I pull up and the first thing I see is the seller smoking in front of the storage unit.  I should have turned around then but finds have been few and far between I decided to see the lot.

He pulls out two 22 gallon rubermaids the first one is some boxed sets and misc garbage. The second was all loose parts but half of it was MEGA BLOKS!!!!!  :bad:  :cry:   It was probably 60 pounds total at most.

There were some instructions for exo-force and various city sets.  I did see some parts for the old General Grievous chase.

I told him I need to pass and he dropped it down to $200.  Not worth it.  Not to mention the time to sift through that pile.

Ah well, next time.

I hate when CL sellers exaggerate how many lbs of Lego that they have. I responded to a CL where the seller had 80+ lbs of Lego listed for $650. I waited a couple of weeks and then negotiated the price down to $300. It was still a good deal, even though it was only 55 lbs of Lego and 5 lbs of mega blocks and knex.

Hey at least you were careful enough to look before buying! Could you imagine how you`de feel if you just did a quick look and paid the $300. That would be 10x worse that missing out, you`ll find another, better one though. 

Quick look is nono. Been there, got glued, fungi lego.