Harry Potter Castle 4842

iahawks550

Picked this up yesterday locally. Didn't have instructions, but had the box (strange) and is missing a few pieces. They were asking $65, but took $50 right away when I offered. Would have liked to have gotten it for a little cheaper, but seems like a decent buy.

I'm a firm believer in this set even nearly 2 years after retirement. It's still the subject of my only blog (yeah, I'll need another one written ).

http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/23-jaisonlines-blog-a-lego-investing-curmudgeon/

Looks like you have a great deal so far depending on what is missing. you'll need the 3 manual set of course to optimze resale price (if you ever want to sell) and an audit of the missing elements. Do you know what is missing yet so you can bricklink?

Personally, I love buying these used sets for $125 or less w/ postage. Like the Hogwarts Express, it's a cash cow when

The minifigs will make or break this deal for you. If they (and their accessories) are all there, you got a great deal and get ready to rake in the $. If not, there are some expensive figs to buy to complete the set.

Also, there are a TON of accessories to buy for this one.

I bought a lot with this one about 6 months ago, and it is a great build. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I picked up mine in a bulk lot. I'm going to sell it complete. But, I have the instructions, and had all but one minifig. Depends on what you paid for it. But I managed to pull out a Hogwarts Express, Diagon Alley, and Quidditch Match when I thought I was just get DA and HC. The HC will cover the cost of the bulk lot for me, if I sell complete.