When you run out of storage space

I've been considering third party insurance as well. Haven't started selling super high value sets yet, so haven't had much of a need for insurance. I think this would be a great idea for a blog article...shipping insurance.

Personally, I think that shipping insurance is a waste of money.  I have sold and shipped thousands of sets over the years and can count the number of problems that I've had on one hand.  If I had been buying insurance throughout, I would have spent far more in the premiums than I would have received in benefits from those few shipments.  

Personally, I think that shipping insurance is a waste of money.  I have sold and shipped thousands of sets over the years and can count the number of problems that I've had on one hand.  If I had been buying insurance throughout, I would have spent far more in the premiums than I would have received in benefits from those few shipments.  

I agree - I have sold a lot, and have never needed to file a claim. Long term, you will certainly spend more on insurance than you ever get back in claims.

One hidden value is that it likely discourages some buyers who might otherwise have considered fraud. Some also believe that the USPS will handle Insured items with greater care (which would make sense). 

Personally, I think that shipping insurance is a waste of money.  I have sold and shipped thousands of sets over the years

That is the thing. It is a waste if you ship that much, or the insurance companies would loose money. It is only interesting if you only ship a handful or so things, and they happen to be quite valuable. A single bad shipment then creates a tremendous problem.

Yeah I would openly acknowledge online that you don't use insurance, that's like a shop advertising that don't have alarms.

I have a threshold before I start buying any as my buy in on the low end won't kill me if there is a loss but I'm not going to go unprotected on a large transaction. I don't care what my buy in is at that point, the peace of mind is worth it.

I always thought that I would sell something shortly after it retires, but I now convince myself that if I hold onto it that much longer, my returns would be better. I really need to start selling off some sets so I can free up some room. 

At some point you have to sell. If you don't then you go from being an investor to a hoarder and you will end up on that tv show.  That would be a cool episode though now that I think about it. 

• Like 1

Losers or sets I don't see appreciating any time soon:
Attack of the Wargs (10)
Vampyre Castle (4)
Sail Barge (5)
Republic Gunship (5)
Millennium Falcon (4)

Except Attack of the Wargs the other Sets will be sure winners! :money:

I would not sell these sets.