10242 Custom RED MINI COOPER.. thoughts?

marco1264

Do you have to change the build at all or were all the pieces available in red/white? I ordered a second mini earlier this week to do an alternate build, but I don't think my color choice will be available in all of the same parts - orange with black roof & fenders. I really want to do a dark orange, but it has waaay too many missing parts, orange only has a couple I think I can work around.

Curious about the cost as well.

Do you have to change the build at all or were all the pieces available in red/white? I ordered a second mini earlier this week to do an alternate build, but I don't think my color choice will be available in all of the same parts - orange with black roof & fenders. I really want to do a dark orange, but it has waaay too many missing parts, orange only has a couple I think I can work around.

I was lucky enough to find all the parts, exactly as the original. Only the trunk was not available in red, so I had to continue the white.

I was lucky enough to find all the parts, exactly as the original. Only the trunk was not available in red, so I had to continue the white.

Well, it looks perfectly natural, to me.  I like the white.  It matches the mud flaps well.

Did you look into any other color schemes?  I know people have different color T1's to get a fleet of them going.  Wondering just how close we can do that with the Mini.

Great job!  I know a lot of people don't like green...but British racing green is a classic color...especially for MINI.  I would love to see someone put together a John Cooper Works edition of the MINI...love the black and red on JCW editions.  A great thing about MINI is the ability to customize to your preferences and you've definitely captured that with this build.