Nice but suspicious deal on Bricklink

Heej Guys,

Check out this deal on Bricklink: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?sID=501970&itemID=60135640

It is very cheap but also very suspicious, user also has cheap 10196.

User has 0 feedback and doesn't want to be contacted.

Thought i post it here, USA is to far for me.

-Hendrik

I saw a fishy deal on 10179 once, $2300 for a sealed First Edition

I ordered the 10196. She emailed right away with 'Please send payment to (her paypal email) , thanks Sally. 

I replied 'There is not even a shipping charge? This seems a little fishy. I will need to cancel unless you can provide me some assurance I will receive the item. Sorry, hope you understand.' 

She replied 'I don't know what shipping will be. I usually cover it on my end. I don't see what is fishy about that."

Not sure what to make of it. Don't think I'll be risking it though. 

• Like 1

I ordered the 10196. She emailed right away with 'Please send payment to (her paypal email) , thanks Sally. 

I replied 'There is not even a shipping charge? This seems a little fishy. I will need to cancel unless you can provide me some assurance I will receive the item. Sorry, hope you understand.' 

She replied 'I don't know what shipping will be. I usually cover it on my end. I don't see what is fishy about that."

Not sure what to make of it. Don't think I'll be risking it though. 

I am with you on this one, i have done something i thought i never do (order something big from the USA). 

I placed an order for the 10181 with Unitykitty and the Bowman ComicCon.

She send me an invoice within 5min, $8 for insurance and no Shippingcosts whatsoever...

I asked her to email me a photo of the total order and multiple pictures of the 10181.

In all seriousness; what is the worst that could happen via Paypal? Aren't we safe?

I don't know how much protection pp provides for non ebay deals. You could pp with a visa for added coverage. 

If she gives me some pics or some assurance I would love to do it. 

Asked her for pictures and oversea shipping experience.

"Shipping is free for orders over $50.  I have shipped overseas before and never run into any problems.  I use UPS and will make sure to pack it so that nothing moves inside the box.  

Thanks, Sally"

I have just sended her the question again if she could provide me the pictures.

I don't know how much protection pp provides for non ebay deals. You could pp with a visa for added coverage. 

If she gives me some pics or some assurance I would love to do it. 

They provide just as much protection as long as you select "pay for goods and services" and not "gift" when checking out.  They will accept your bricklink invoice as evidence of the sale.

A scammer will lie thought their hind teeth till the end, a non scammer will do everything you ask if they want the sale, Eg do the photos

A scammer will lie thought their hind teeth till the end, a non scammer will do everything you ask if they want the sale, Eg do the photos. Get more details for sure.

Update:

She has send me 3 pictures of the 10181. The pictures are unique (so legit) i think because i have reverse image searched them with Google and Tineye and nothing came up.

Since i also ordered the comic con figs i asked her to make a pic of them in front of the 10181, since her husband is currently away she can't reach the figs so i will expect a picture later she said.

They say " usually cover it her end" yet she has no feedback and doesn't say where else she has sold goods which if she wasn't a scammer she would do to reassure you. She then refuses your suggestion that a transaction where money is invloved is worth worrying about. SCAMMER.

So i asked her if she has any more sets, she says she has a Taj Mahal MISB that she has no price on yet. I have offered her $420 for it and she agreed...

Responce to asking about her Experience with 0 Feedback:

"Hi,

I have sold on Amazon and on ebay a couple of years ago.  I got scammed a few times so decided to stop selling there.  I also have sold on forums.  

Will get back to you with pics.

Thanks, Sally

Well, good luck.  I hope it comes through.  I subscribe to the "if it's to good to be true" mantra.  So, I don't risk it.  But, sometimes, you have to take great risk to get great reward.  As long as you don't mind the potential hoops to get your money back, you're fine.

So i Google'd the provided address, an address came up with the exact same name.

I called it via Skype and a lady called Sally McKinley answered the phone, the exact same name as Bricklick.

It was an old lady and i asked her if we had any contact whatsoever about Lego and she said no, i told her a scammer was using her name but she didn't understand me. She said she will call the police if i call her again before she hang up.

Conclusion: Scammer, thread can be closed i guess.

So i asked her if she has any more sets, she says she has a Taj Mahal MISB that she has no price on yet. I have offered her $420 for it and she agreed...

Responce to asking about her Experience with 0 Feedback:

"Hi,

I have sold on Amazon and on ebay a couple of years ago.  I got scammed a few times so decided to stop selling there.  I also have sold on forums.  

Will get back to you with pics.

Thanks, Sally

That makes it ridiculous. Ah well, to good to be true. 

You'd think that if they were trying to scam they'd make the invoice look legit with a shipping cost and price the item around the going rate, probably just under in order to get a quick "sale".  Some criminals just aren't very bright, thankfully.

So i Google'd the provided address, an address came up with the exact same name.

I called it via Skype and a lady called Sally McKinley answered the phone, the exact same name as Bricklick.

It was an old lady and i asked her if we had any contact whatsoever about Lego and she said no, i told her a scammer was using her name but she didn't understand me. She said she will call the police if i call her again before she hang up.

Conclusion: Scammer, thread can be closed i guess.

Lol because the police are gonna keep you from calling her.

Kind of on/off topic.  I noticed several sellers on bricklink have a lot of one unique item.  For instance, a seller has 500 of the original Mr. Freeze's helmets.  How is that even possible?

Yeah not sure what the deal is with that. A reputable seller had 100 Grima Wormtongues from Orthanc set, nothing else from the set though. He still has 14 left.