moc'n up the sdcc batmobile

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I looked up the inventory on bricklink and this piece:

Red Slope 45 2 x 1 Triple - with Inside Stud Holder

Doesn't seem to exist.  Am I missing something?

It does for the actual set. It is yet another new redesign of an old piece Lego did for some reason in this case was just introduced for 2014. Use this older piece instead or even this odd version. I don't know why there are so many variants of the same part.
  • Like 3

Thanks for the part list guys!  I'm struggling through my first part order on Bricklink but I think I've got it nailed down using the wanted list feature.

Quick question - did any of you have success finding this black slope from a US store?  I'm hesitant to pay for International Shipping for just one part.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=582&colorID=11

Thanks for the part list guys!  I'm struggling through my first part order on Bricklink but I think I've got it nailed down using the wanted list feature.

Quick question - did any of you have success finding this black slope from a US store?  I'm hesitant to pay for International Shipping for just one part.

I got them from a US store, but I got the last 2.

I was going to suggest using four of the smaller 2x2 roof slope instead but that route may not be much better. I get Lego doesn't release many houses but it's still odd why there are so few of either piece type.

http://community.brickpicker.com/uploads/monthly_08_2014/post-41490-14088218415962.jpghttp://community.brickpicker.com/uploads/monthly_08_2014/post-41490-14088218601515.jpg

Thank you again! After a long week of waiting for the final pieces to arrive, I finally have mine done!

post-41490-14088218415962_thumb.jpg

post-41490-14088218601515_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

If anyone wants to see what the official instructions look like then this Flickr gallery will help. Probably easier too since I can embed it into the post and you can go through it same as a slideshow. You can even see the parts list as well. It isn't a whole lot different than what I did a few posts back but this might be easier to follow for those of us more accustomed with Lego's setup.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neoape/sets/72157646320899458/

• Like 5

If anyone wants to see what the official instructions look like then this Flickr gallery will help. 

Thanks for posting these official instructions.  This was a great way to build the set.  It was a pretty quick build and I like some of the features, particularly the detail on the front and back bumpers.

I ordered the minifigures off Bricklink to complete the collection.  We have the Batman Jr. set but like everything else we've opened, those pieces are in a black hole of LEGO bulk now.

This will be a fun display piece, especially for the family members that remember the original series.

So it seems the original set has 2 pieces that are exclusive to this set...

15571 in red

15573 in black

I know these can be subbed for similar, older parts, but anyone using those older parts and selling these on ebay as being '100% accurate', is leaving themselves open to an 'item not as described' case being opened against them.

Just something to  think about.

Yes, you just have to look at the underside of each piece. They're clearly different. The point isn't that they look the same when built, the point is that they're not the same. Otherwise they wouldn't have different part numbers.

These are collectible items and collectors are a very anal bunch when it comes to stuff like this.

Most people who buy these with subbed parts won't care less or even notice, but it just takes one guy to check the inventory on BL and decide to be an ***hole about it. Especially if he's just paid $80 for $15 worth of parts.

To a collector, 100% means just that. Not 99.5% or 98%, but 100%. I'm just sayin'...

• Like 1

I noticed this last night when looking at the Bricklink inventory list for this set. Those pieces stuck out because they don't have an image.

Then I realized the shop I ordered from sent me two variations of the black modified plate. Neither of which were the official piece. When I looked up what's available in black for that exclusive piece, I discovered nobody is selling them.

I'm fine with the alternate pieces. If I were selling it, I would probably be up front and mention that in the description. I'm as anal as most AFOLs but if it means the difference between spending $250 and say $80 or less, it's hardly worth it IMO. Especially for a set that is fairly basic.

Thanks for bringing to our attention. That might save someone from a headache down the road.

No worries.

On another note, the price of these 'replicas' will soon drop as more people start selling bricklinked versions on ebay, and the price will eventually level out to the same as what it costs to buy the parts from BL separately. It's always the way it goes.

So if anyone's thinking of buying lots of parts from BL in the hope they'll sell loads of these on ebay for extra monies, best be quick.

Thanks for the information about 100% accuracy.... I bought enough bricks for three sets, one for myself and two for my friends to reduce the shipping cost. One friend back out on me, so I got stuck with an extra set. I made my own instruction manual with my own images for them. Not copying anyone's artwork.

I put it up for sale last night. Since someone already bid on it, I can't change the descriptions. So I add a reply to a question, stating the actual cost for the set to be upfront about it.

If has just one bid, it will cover my cost of the bricks and minifigures, so I don't get stuck with an extra set. I am happy.

I wouldn't worry too much about those parts. Like I said, most people aren't going to have an issue with the subbed parts. It was just something to think about.

I've had one or two customers question me on stuff like that with some small classic space sets, such as using new or old types of 1x1 plate clips and rings.

Though as these parts are still exclusive to this set, there's no other way to build it without parting one out (which obviously no-one is going to do), so it would take a really difficult customer to take issue with it.

Though I did notice there was one seller selling the new red slope 15571, and he's got 264 of them. So I'm wondering where he got them. Maybe in a PAB haul?

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=126484&colorID=5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...