moc'n up the sdcc batmobile

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I signed up simply to reply and give thanks to TOK for doing this and making this Batman fan supremely happy~!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

You signed up just for that? I am flattered; thank you. :thankyou:

Also, I managed to piece this together for the low low price of $17.26~! across 5 orders (without s&h) as I also already had the two mini-figs (even if they aren't show accurate :negative: )

That is a low price. Probably about what the set would have gone for retail in a regular store as a normal set. Yeah the minifigures are not accurate to the TV series but closer to what they looked like in the comics at the time I think. The Robin minifigure is the more spot-on to the TV series of the two all around with a few exceptions in detail.

A bit of BL advice if anyone can help?

I have found a UK store who has 48 of the items. If I purchase them will they be deleted from the wanted list and leave the remaining wants or do I have to manually update the list?

Thanks

You will have to manually update your Wanted List.

I would make a note in the Remarks field on your Wanted List as to the store that you ordered it from, but refrain from deleting the item from your Wanted List until you've received it.

You just never know when you've messed up your order, or the person packing it forgets to include something.  You want to make sure you know how many you still need, if you don't get the right amount in your order.

• Like 2

You will have to manually update your Wanted List.

I would make a note in the Remarks field on your Wanted List as to the store that you ordered it from, but refrain from deleting the item from your Wanted List until you've received it.

You just never know when you've messed up your order, or the person packing it forgets to include something.  You want to make sure you know how many you still need, if you don't get the right amount in your order.

Appreciate the info...

And so it begins. Someone should message the guy asking for a sample image from the PDF file he's selling to see what it looks like. It would be amusing if the instructions looked awfully familiar.

Just recieved everything I ordered and found a problem. It should be a 4 x 4 Wedge Cut Corner in Red NOT 3 x 3!

I just updated the Wanted List typed out in the code box of my older posts here. It now should add two red 4x4 wedges and the single black 1x2 tile has the printed screen same as the actual set. Thank you for pointing out what I managed to miss.

I got everything in except the front center red wedge and the jet for the back. I couldn't wait anymore so I decided to put it together anyway.

Sorry for the less than optimal lighting. :)

Nice.
  • Like 1

I got everything in except the front center red wedge and the jet for the back. I couldn't wait anymore so I decided to put it together anyway.

Sorry for the less than optimal lighting. :)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker1407811902.116222.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker1407811926.016019.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker1407811938.665767.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Well done. I like it a little better after seeing it built actually.

I just updated the Wanted List typed out in the code box of my older posts here. It now should add two red 4x4 wedges and the single black 1x2 tile has the printed screen same as the actual set. Thank you for pointing out what I managed to miss.

Nice.

My bad on the 3x3 that should have been 4x4. Must have jumped right from the black 3x3 and copied it over and made it red. Thanks for updating TOK. 

Just recieved everything I ordered and found a problem. It should be a 4 x 4 Wedge Cut Corner in Red NOT 3 x 3!

I started getting parts just by looking at the pics at Toyark and other sites . The red and black corner pieces were the 1st batch I ordered before I found this site. Waiting one last order before I can build the car.

Is the instruction for the Rocket Raccoon's Warbird online anywhere, I really want to build a mini Milano base on that plan.

In all it's glory. You can see where the gap is missing in the back of the red wedges. Can be solved with a red 2x1 if you don't want exact.

Swapped out Robin's arms to light flesh ones with green gloves to better match the 60's outfit. There are no light flesh legs though. Get on that Juniors set people, cause it's gonna be gone before you know it!

Thank you again TOK for putting all of this together~!

tumblr_na6lebDU0g1rixh13o1_500.jpg

tumblr_na6lebDU0g1rixh13o2_500.jpg

tumblr_na6lebDU0g1rixh13o3_500.jpg

• Like 3

After a lot of messing around between comparing images of the build on the box and even the original vehicle itself, this is what I managed to come up with. It does not use the full 152 piece count displayed on the box but I did use some big plates and bricks for the areas you cannot see. Knowing how Lego likes to use smaller bits in place of larger single ones (such as 2 2x4s instead of a single 2x8), I could replace some to bulk up the count. Still I feel like I did a respectable job with all things considered and am proud of the results.

I have absolutely no idea what the back area really looks like other than guessing how Lego would tackle it themselves and glancing at the side shots eyeing the separation lines between bricks. Plus I compared sources of images for the box on eBay and the original car from the 1960s. Now before you jump my case, the dome piece does exist in black without any sort of printing which means this is completely Bricklinkable! Well, eventually anyway when The Phantom set from Star Wars Rebels is released or at least available to all.

At this point the main areas I question are the seating area, the rear, that thing in the middle separating the driver from the passenger, and the placement of the antennas. If only there was an overhead shot and a back shot, this could be perfect. Until then here you go. ^_^

Here is a review of the Batmobile which could give you a better look of the interior:

In all it's glory. You can see where the gap is missing in the back of the red wedges. Can be solved with a red 2x1 if you don't want exact.

Swapped out Robin's arms to light flesh ones with green gloves to better match the 60's outfit. There are no light flesh legs though. Get on that Juniors set people, cause it's gonna be gone before you know it!

Thank you again TOK for putting all of this together~!

Man, how old is that power station you have all your stuff plugged into?  I have one of those that's all yellowed too, but I think it's in a tote somewhere.