(2) SW sets for (1) BP

Hey gang...

I recently posted a listing on CL. Basically several of the sets I posted on here. Wanting to move some Star Wars sets (and even LotR) so that I could get some Haunted Houses before EOL since I don't have as much space for a bunch of smaller sets. Going big or going home.

I got this trade offer last night (all NISB)

My (1) 7879 Hoth Echo Base + (1) 9516 Jabba's Palace for his (1) 4184 Black Pearl

or

~$150 + ~$150 = ~$250

I will note that the Echo Base was more like $130 when I posted the listing.

Now as far as what I have in them... I bought both at retail direct from Lego. So I have like $89 and $119 in both sets. 

Just putting all the facts out there that I can.

On another note... I received another offer, a used Black Pearl for my Hoth set. I'm going to take a look at the used Hoth set. Also, going to try to counter the first offer with something else.

End game, I want to get 1 used and 1 NISB Black Pearls, but that is TBD.

I wanted to get some opinions out there. 

Cheers and thanks BPers.

Hey gang...

I recently posted a listing on CL. Basically several of the sets I posted on here. Wanting to move some Star Wars sets (and even LotR) so that I could get some Haunted Houses before EOL since I don't have as much space for a bunch of smaller sets. Going big or going home.

I got this trade offer last night (all NISB)

My (1) 7879 Hoth Echo Base + (1) 9516 Jabba's Palace for his (1) 4184 Black Pearl

or

~$150 + ~$150 = ~$250

I will note that the Echo Base was more like $130 when I posted the listing.

Now as far as what I have in them... I bought both at retail direct from Lego. So I have like $89 and $119 in both sets. 

Just putting all the facts out there that I can.

On another note... I received another offer, a used Black Pearl for my Hoth set. I'm going to take a look at the used Hoth set. Also, going to try to counter the first offer with something else.

End game, I want to get 1 used and 1 NISB Black Pearls, but that is TBD.

I wanted to get some opinions out there. 

Cheers and thanks BPers.

not sure about where you are refrencing "the black pearl" price from. Lowest listed @ amazon is close to $300

The hoth for the used black pearl is a pretty good trade. As you stated that you only paid $90 for it and want a black pearl for your collection. Basically you can have your black pearl for $90.

Even if you sell Hoth at Christmas, you will not have made sufficient money to buy a black pearl.

The trade for the new black pearl seems iffy as a long term hold. Personally, I don't think that the growth of the BP, based on current values, will surpass the other 2 combined.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Edited for autocorrect.

7879 Hoth Echo Base + (1) 9516 Jabba's Palace should have room for growth / since they retired recently.  BP retired nearly 2 years ago; most of retired growth is during the first 2 years unless it turns out to be a super duper set like 7888, 10176, 10181, etc...  

How much did you pay for the SW sets because essentially you are "trading" that amount for the sealed BP