How long do items usually take in customs?

Celes

This is my 3rd time selling an item on eBay, everything was simple until now. I shipped the item on July 9th, from Mexico to Netherlands, according to the tracking number it arrived on July 18th to NLAMSA Customs (NL = Netherlands AM = Amsterdam SA = Schiphol Airport), but it has been sitting there for a while (4 bussiness days and counting). Idk what to do, fortunately my client has 704 score, so he's more experienced than I, but i'm kind of panicking right now.

This is my 3rd time selling an item on eBay, everything was simple until now. I shipped the item on July 9th, from Mexico to Netherlands, according to the tracking number it arrived on July 18th to NLAMSA Customs (NL = Netherlands AM = Amsterdam SA = Schiphol Airport), but it has been sitting there for a while (4 bussiness days and counting). Idk what to do, fortunately my client has 704 score, so he's more experienced than I, but i'm kind of panicking right now.

Four days? That is nothing to worry about. 

I had one shipment held up in UK until the buyer paid Customs duty. Could be similar situation, but since it has only been four days it could just be a common delay.

I guess i'll have to wait more, it was like a 5 kg package, so that may play a role.

Nothing to worry.. Might even take up to 2 weeks if it's getting inspected.

What forwarder did you use? 

If you need help from The Netherlands send me a PM.

I used EMS. And thanks I hope everything goes well.