Beware of these 2 Cragslist Lego Scammers

emazers

Ok, I put a 10198 on Craigs List a few weeks ago for $250, so the next day I get 2 E-mails one from Stetson Rush and Vera Bass, they both said they wanted it I told them I have a few, so they both said they are both mailing me a Bank Check, and they both said to keep a extra Hundred Dollars for my trouble. Which is one of the oldest tricks on Ebay, before Paypal there were so many people getting screwed by buyers using fake and stolen Postal Money Orders, Say I guy one a $100 Lego set from me and paid with a fake Postal Money order, He would have it made out for say $450 and a few days later he would email me and say he sent to much money, he would say keep $100 extra for the trouble, and mail the item I won from you plus the extra money I sent you. Back then Post Offices didn't have those Money order scanners to check the money order. So when I called the bank Scottsdale AZ and told her I got a $1860 check, the first thing she ask me was the bank The Huntington National Bank, I said yes, she said they get hudreds of the fake checks every week, and people don't wait and fall for the scam, as this check says MEMO:Instant Cash. And the other guy or girl sent a $2,140.00 check. So Names again are "Stetson Rush" and "Vera Bass" Ed

24zw4jl.jpg

2j11tfr.jpg

o7n1u8.jpg

2epog3p.jpg

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse

amazing emazer please take the pic with your address down. It's too tempting to come ask to see your stash.

edit: oh and thank for the scammer info

I can't believe the mods on this site waste everyone's time by telling us they modified a post. Geez.

:D

Well then allow me to waste even more of your time with this post of mine about absolutely nothing by stating that I just posted absolutely nothing replying to your post on wasting everyone's time and this post of mine about absolutely nothing that I just posted in reply to your post about wasting everyone's time was an absolute waste of the time I used to type out how much a waste of time it was to type out this post about absolutely nothing stating how much a waste of time it was to type out absolutely nothing about absolutely nothing in response to absolutely nothing is worth absolutely nothing.
  • Like 3

I just shipped a bunch of Lego to my long lost cousin in Nairobi. I didn't even know I had family in Africa! I just sent him my bank account so he can wire the money for them and my part of my long lost uncle's inheritance. I hope he uses his portion to bone up on his English skills because they suck.

• Like 2

I can't believe that they had the balls to send you fake checks.  Don't these people know that they'll get caught eventually?  Idiots.

If this ever happens, isn't it best to try to cash the check or money order first before send the set/sets out?  Is the problem that people think it's legit, send the item out and then try to cash the check only to find out it's fake?

Cashing the check won't work unless you cash it off the bank that it is drawn off of, and there likely won't be one of those locally in your town. So if you take it to your bank to cash it, they will cash it if you have the funds available in your account to "cover" it. Then once the check bounces, they will take that amount back out of your account to cover the bad check.

I actually like when MODs are absolutely transparent. I hate when your posts get edited without you having any idea about it. 

I don't know what to do when I add a bouncy laughing face and the joke falls flat anyway. Does this mean I'm not the last comic standing?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...