70816 - Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

LegoSteve

All gone in EU except Seacow, Seacow, Benny´s and a few more gone in the US but it´s clear they are all done and just need to wait for them to sell out

At first, I got excited on the Spaceship because it really looked good value and reminded me a lot of the classic space which was hugely popular in my days. I was less hooked on the Seacow (ugly) even though almost every pirate ship did very well. 

But when I saw the many "BS" sitting of the shelves and heavily discounted everywhere, I got a little scared. I hope it will be fine and move > MSRP. Maybe it can in Europe where it was less hoarded I think? But it's not a set I'm feeling confident about. I'm already counting in a 24m dead money situation. 

The SC in the end was less hoarded and might perform decently. It's exclusive and a higher price point. Still, I got only one because of my lack of bullishness on TLmovie and its durability in terms of success. (personal opinion obv.)

It´s hard not to find a shop with Lego Movie stuff available here, which is why I am so hard and pessismistic about this theme.

Sales during availability are usually mimicked by sales after retirement, with a few notable exceptions. This range, however, has suffered from oversupply and standard pricing to match premium licenses like SW or Super Heroes. Reminds me a lot of Lone Ranger and no one wants to be reminded of Lone Ranger.

Constitution Train @ eBay:

$110 shipped * .86 (fees) - $10 shipping (avg) = $84.60

At $54 buy in (after tax): ($84.60 - $54) / $54 * 100% = 56.66% ROI

:drag:

ETA: Let's just say I spent $0 in gas since I was at Walmart to pick up groceries anyway 

The LOTR train was very good to me too. 

I've had more trouble selling Friends sets. 

On 10/27/2015, 5:03:27, Locutus001 said:

The Lord Of The Ring train? o.O Sarumans orkish holiday express or what?

Or is it the Lone (outmost terrible) Ranger theme you are refer to? ;-)

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. One must stow away on the Saruman Express."

Edited by P_R_Rice
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Benny's Spaceship $55 at TRU.com....even at that price no one's talking about it in here....Maybe I should cancel my 2 orders of Benny's.

meh - got mine at $49 like lots of brickpickers.  

I'm sort of hoping we see $40-45 but in the post-brickpicker era, unlikely :)

for building, $55 is a great price.  it may be a good price for investing but this theme is sort of a big question mark.

with TRU card and coupon magic, i'm sure there's even more meat on the bone. 

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

That was my buy-in in euros too.

It will be interesting to observe the ugly duckling investment race between B Wing and Benny´s and see which is the winner. I kind of have a feeling the B Wing will take it.

Benny will come back to haunt you, if only you could gamble on which one would be the winner 

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Sold lots of $50 Trains for $130+ and Stagecoaches were $11-13 and sold for $50.  Pretty good in my book.

Yeah I'd like to have your book as well.

But there are people who made the mistake to buy in for the normal retail price. And nowhere in Germany (as far as I know!) have these sets been for this hilarious price.

Stagecoach for 11-13€ would be awesome ;-) But for 35€ not so great.

These have been some of my more stupid investments and I'll have to live with them now. Sold all but one train by now and 2/4 stagecoaches. The trains still got me some profit but the stagecoaches didn't.

Anyhow new sets new luck ;-)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Locutus001 said:

Yeah I'd like to have your book as well.

But there are people who made the mistake to buy in for the normal retail price. And nowhere in Germany (as far as I know!) have these sets been for this hilarious price.

Stagecoach for 11-13€ would be awesome ;-) But for 35€ not so great.

These have been some of my more stupid investments and I'll have to live with them now. Sold all but one train by now and 2/4 stagecoaches. The trains still got me some profit but the stagecoaches didn't.

Anyhow new sets new luck ;-)

Yeah... just try to sell them for buy-in. That is what I am trying to do. The train is the best. If bought at discount offcourse. 

As someone said here... you cannot buy only winners. 

Edited by Ciglione
  • Like 1