Help Deciding on Next Build

TWO2SEVEN

Just phenomenal!  Love the brickwork underneath.  Did you have to fill the insides of the street with Lego to support the modulars?

I wanted to use light bley arches, she wanted beige. Guess who won. :)

Supporting the modulars was quite the discussion.. I originally wanted to just build a wood frame underneath and have a facade (faster, cheaper) but that also got shot down. It is 100% lego underneath. I took some pictures a long time ago of it in progress, but alas I cannot find them. It's simply 4x4 columns of bricks spaced anywhere from 4-6 studs apart with 2x6+ or 1x6+ beams connecting them. The straight run of tunnel in the back is all partial arches with beams locking everything together. The hard part was going over the curved tunnels as some of those spans were more than 16 studs. I used technic beams and lots of pins to create some strength but it's not nearly as strong. We then covered it in plates to lock it all in place.

A better close up of the arches

post-8090-0-52782000-1408472731_thumb.jp

Our subway stop (we live on a street called Home St) :)

post-8090-0-09039800-1408472753_thumb.jp

The subway entrance (ps: ignore the star wars/ninjago battle - we do let the kids play with the city).

post-8090-0-68921900-1408472786_thumb.jp

• Like 4

I wanted to use light bley arches, she wanted beige. Guess who won. :)

Supporting the modulars was quite the discussion.. I originally wanted to just build a wood frame underneath and have a facade (faster, cheaper) but that also got shot down. It is 100% lego underneath. I took some pictures a long time ago of it in progress, but alas I cannot find them. It's simply 4x4 columns of bricks spaced anywhere from 4-6 studs apart with 2x6+ or 1x6+ beams connecting them. The straight run of tunnel in the back is all partial arches with beams locking everything together. The hard part was going over the curved tunnels as some of those spans were more than 16 studs. I used technic beams and lots of pins to create some strength but it's not nearly as strong. We then covered it in plates to lock it all in place.

A better close up of the arches

attachicon.gifCityArches.jpeg

Our subway stop (we live on a street called Home St) :)

attachicon.gifCitySubwayStop.jpeg

The subway entrance (ps: ignore the star wars/ninjago battle - we do let the kids play with the city).

attachicon.gifCitySubwayEntrance.jpeg

This is extremely impressive! I have all of the modulars, this gives me some inspiration!