10250 - Year of the Snake

TheOrcKing

A news post on The Brick Fan shows and confirms this unique set based around the Chinese Zodiac, or more specifically "The Year of the Snake" which 2013 will be. There is the question of whether it will be exclusive to China or not. Regardless, I think this is a pretty nice niche set.

LEGO Creator "Year of the Snake" (10250) - The Brick Fan

Download building instructions here.

Deleted the other two lower quality images and replaced them with this much better one from motayan's flickr gallery. In the bottom right corner, you can clearly see the three designs from the "Prehistoric Hunters" set will be included in this one for a total of four.

The "Special Edition 2013" in the top right corner signifies it's a 2013 set alright.

Looks pretty cool. I just so happened to be born in the year of the snake 1977. If it comes to the US, I would pick one up.

That's cool. Whether or not it comes stateside, the uniqueness and novelty of this set will make it a nice collectible. I definately would pick up a few. It's probably the same size as the "Prehistoric Hunters" set so it may cost around $18. Not a bad price point, I think.

That would definitely be a great set to have and collect. Lots of potential as you can see, if someone starts collecting and they missed their zodiac year...I GOTTA HAVE IT!!!!! Lol Would be nice if they make one every year for all the zodiac animals and to make it more valuable, make a 10,000 or 20,000 set run only. Kind of like Minecraft!!!! Thanks for the info.

An exclusive set (10xxx) for under 20$ ? Is this really possible?

It's possible. These CREATOR sets usually tend to be on the bargain side of things when it comes to price. It could end up costing around $20-25 but I can't see it going for more than that (exclusive or not).

I think it would be interesting if LEGO did end up doing the other figures from the Chinese Zodiac. Starting with this one, they could be planning to do just that with one a year similiar to the modulars.

With a little one on the way this year, I'm going to have to pick up this set. Looks pretty awesome

Aw...that's great! Do you know whether it will be a boy or a girl? I feel like it might be a girl for some reason.

• 4 weeks later...

Brickset has a news post confirming that this set has been seen for sale in various stores throughout China.

Here is one that has sprung up on eBay going for $79.99. (It's a private listing and there are currently nine left.)

Since this has appeared on eBay, I believe it is only a matter of time before it shows up on Bricklink and Amazon.

• 3 months later...

I paid top dollar. Ebay. Had them all shipped to me from Singapore and Hong Kong

thanks I knew they would be expensive and figured ebay would be the only way, ive just never ordered international before, didn't know if it was safe and trustworthy lol