Silburned

this just popped up

I am selling some lego sets:
All have their instructions and are complete

7676------$120
10198-----$200
6212------$50
10174----$150

Please leave a number and I will call you back.
These are great Legos.

All used, no boxes. Way over priced.  Lot calculator has that at $450.  Most of these sets are seeing a downward slide over a year. I'm wondering if I should low ball and see if I get a good response.

this just popped up

All used, no boxes. Way over priced.  Lot calculator has that at $450.  Most of these sets are seeing a downward slide over a year. I'm wondering if I should low ball and see if I get a good response.

Let it sit for a few weeks, then lowball. They will probably come back with a different price and you can go from there. If you lowball the same day as the ad was put up I can almost guarantee they won't even try to negotiate with you. If it sits for a couple of weeks and they begin to realize that they are asking too much then they will probably be more interested in negotiating. If someone else buys it at their asking price in the meantime then oh well. They overpaid.

Let it sit for a few weeks, then lowball. They will probably come back with a different price and you can go from there. If you lowball the same day as the ad was put up I can almost guarantee they won't even try to negotiate with you. If it sits for a couple of weeks and they begin to realize that they are asking too much then they will probably be more interested in negotiating. If someone else buys it at their asking price in the meantime then oh well. They overpaid.

Good idea.

For some reason people in my area reference Amazon for selling their used Lego.  Many listings say something like, "Buy my used 99% complete Lego set for $150. Amazon has it for sale at $200!"  Seriously!?!

I have gotten great deals on CL so I will not give up.

I would wait a week or two like the other have said. They may reduce the price in that time, and they might be more willing to negotiate if they realize that it is not selling. I did this with a bulk lot last month. I let it sit for a couple weeks and then the price was reduced, and I negotiated the price down further.

This lot is still up after a week.  I also noticed that the same seller has both the Cafe Corner and Market Street that they are selling for $575 a piece.  Both are missing some parts and instructions!  Makes me question if the were parted out sets from BL.  The modular sets have been up for 16 days! I would start to question my pricing after that time frame.

I'm going to see if I can get a good package deal on all of these.  Seeing that those instructions are running about $160 a set, the price will need to be good.  Not to mention the seller is an hour away from me.

This lot is still up after a week.  I also noticed that the same seller has both the Cafe Corner and Market Street that they are selling for $575 a piece.  Both are missing some parts and instructions!  Makes me question if the were parted out sets from BL.  The modular sets have been up for 16 days! I would start to question my pricing after that time frame.

I'm going to see if I can get a good package deal on all of these.  Seeing that those instructions are running about $160 a set, the price will need to be good.  Not to mention the seller is an hour away from me.

Probably for sure BL'd so you will want to make sure all parts are correct as there's some serious money in a small amount of parts in those sets.  Instructions you already touched on, very expensive. 

Good idea.

For some reason people in my area reference Amazon for selling their used Lego. Many listings say something like, "Buy my used 99% complete Lego set for $150. Amazon has it for sale at $200!" Seriously!?!

I have gotten great deals on CL so I will not give up.

Selling for and sold for are two different things....I wish people would get that through there heads X(

But yeah CL has some diamonds you just have to be prepared to dig.