Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - August 2014

Pseudoty

Im not a big green guy. But it looks like it might be that most the parts are easily interchangable.

Except the green fenders. The only other color those come in are trans-black.

If you look at the parts in the review on brickset (link can be found here http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10179-10242-mini-cooper-mk-vii/?p=294201) you'll see that interchanging parts for another color will be tricky. Plenty of "first time ever in dark green" parts which means it may be hard to find all of them in a single other color that isn't boring red, blue or yellow. Booo.

Except the green fenders. The only other color those come in are trans-black.

If you look at the parts in the review on brickset (link can be found here http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10179-10242-mini-cooper-mk-vii/?p=294201) you'll see that interchanging parts for another color will be tricky. Plenty of "first time ever in dark green" parts which means it may be hard to find all of them in a single other color that isn't boring red, blue or yellow. Booo.

Maybe I'm thick this morning (I can't find the link to the parts), but "first time ever in dark green" implies that it does exist in other colors.

Maybe I'm thick this morning (I can't find the link to the parts), but "first time ever in dark green" implies that it does exist in other colors.

Hahaha. no you're not thick. When I read the review, I had to think about that one too.

Take for example the 1x1 plates, to quote the reviewer:

They contain some interesting parts, perhaps most notably 1x1 plates in dark green which I believe are new in this set.

Other apparent first-time or rare dark greens are:

- 1x4 rounded with printed white lines <new>

- 2x2 round tiles <new>

- 2x2 plates with rounded end (not made since 2005)

- 2x2/1x4 plate hinges <new>

From what I see, only the fenders (a windscreen) will be hard to match due to the limited color palette.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=62360

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with you rcdb. While the collector in me will set my Mini purchase date to get the free poly, I'm not seeing a great build here. The mini-camper was much nicer. This build reminds me of a lot of small, generic City cars for some reason. Similar build structure and look at first glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

So what did you think of the mini-Mini? I haven't opened the poly bag yet.. I only showed the family the Mini box this morning, they don't even know I have the mini poly and I may not even say anything (we don't have the mini camper, I didn't bother getting one).

So what did you think of the mini-Mini? I haven't opened the poly bag yet.. I only showed the family the Mini box this morning, they don't even know I have the mini poly and I may not even say anything (we don't have the mini camper, I didn't bother getting one).

My expectations were really low for the poly, so I was pleasantly surprised with a decent build. Still, it's better than marginal, but not great. My issue is with the lack of any identifying mark (like the VW's 2x2 printed tile). Surprisingly, it's actually a decent rendition of the model in shape. It's just missing that finishing touch Lego is usually so good about giving to all their sets.

My other niggling issue with the poly is that nowhere on the bag does it mention or have any reference to the Mini Cooper brand. If you had never seen the big Mini box and found the poly in your sock drawer in five years, you would never know it was a Mini Cooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker