Possible fraud

Tom J

In order to be PayPal seller protected, never ship to an unconfirmed address unless PayPal acknowledges that address can not be verified in the country. I believe Singapore is one of those countries if I recall correctly. Tell the buyer to make that UK address "confirmed". If not, I wouldn't ship.

Call PayPal if needed. 1-888-221-1161. Sorry, I don't have their UK # but I'm sure it's on their website,

Don't ship!!  You can click on the "Resolve a problem" link on ebay and request to cancel the transacation through the Resolution Center.  If the dude is legit, he'll respond to the open case and he can give you more detailed info.  If he doesn't answer, then you can just wait out the time and then close the case without it affecting your selling status.  Never ship to an unconfirmed address.  I don't ship internationally, so when someone does bid and it looks fishy, especially with no feedback or only a couple, I cancel their bids and I block them from bidding on my auctions.  You have to be more hands on doing it this way but it helps weed out the people who are either trying to scam you, or newbie bidders that bid and win and then don't pay.  There are way too many people that do that.  It's frustrating and annoying.

Don't ship!!  You can click on the "Resolve a problem" link on ebay and request to cancel the transacation through the Resolution Center.  If the dude is legit, he'll respond to the open case and he can give you more detailed info.  If he doesn't answer, then you can just wait out the time and then close the case without it affecting your selling status.  Never ship to an unconfirmed address.  I don't ship internationally, so when someone does bid and it looks fishy, especially with no feedback or only a couple, I cancel their bids and I block them from bidding on my auctions.  You have to be more hands on doing it this way but it helps weed out the people who are either trying to scam you, or newbie bidders that bid and win and then don't pay.  There are way too many people that do that.  It's frustrating and annoying.

Not the best advice...The buyer always has the option to decline the cancel transaction request which would stick you with the fees even if you dont complete the transaction and they can still leave you bad feedback...There is a big Lego market in Singapore and they use shipping forwarding services to order stuff from people who do not ship internationally...We have done this at least 5 times for items less than 200 and it has worked out fine each time. For us it has been several single figures or several polybags...In my experience it does not mean its a fraud and since the item is not TOO expensive I would go ahead with it and make sure was able to prove the item delivered to the address used at checkout. Good Luck

Not the best advice...The buyer always has the option to decline the cancel transaction request which would stick you with the fees even if you dont complete the transaction and they can still leave you bad feedback...There is a big Lego market in Singapore and they use shipping forwarding services to order stuff from people who do not ship internationally...We have done this at least 5 times for items less than 200 and it has worked out fine each time. For us it has been several single figures or several polybags...In my experience it does not mean its a fraud and since the item is not TOO expensive I would go ahead with it and make sure was able to prove the item delivered to the address used at checkout. Good Luck

true.  some of my largest orders through bricklink have been from singapore with and without freight forwarding companies like shipitco.com .  as a seller, i've had zero problems so far as the maiking address used in paypal is verified and insurance is purchased.

We'll I've checked and it's a residential address. The name of the person also sounds fictitious. So it doesn't seem like a company who would ship to Singapore. Also the set is readily available and is not retired but is a slight discount off RRP which also makes my spidey senses tingles. Still no response from buyer so I may have to send them another message. Something tells me it may be a hacked account or something

You are right.  The seller can decline, but if he is a deabbeat bidder or someone trying to scam you they won't likely have much contact with you.  You can always tell ebay the situation and they can usually put it right.  If the seller leaves negative feedback and ebay can see that it's not justified, they have the power to change it for you.  Especially if they see that the buyer looks fishy.  I am a small time seller, so I don't have any experience with shipping forward services.  I only ship to the U.S. and this isn't including Lego.  I haven't sold any Lego on ebay yet.

We'll I've checked and it's a residential address. The name of the person also sounds fictitious. So it doesn't seem like a company who would ship to Singapore. Also the set is readily available and is not retired but is a slight discount off RRP which also makes my spidey senses tingles. Still no response from buyer so I may have to send them another message. Something tells me it may be a hacked account or something

Just wait until you hear from him.  If you are getting weird vibes about it then go with your gut.  You are probably right about this guy.