Be on the alert: Targeted phishing emails from Paypal

So this morning I got a very official looking email from paypal using my first and last name. Said my account was limited due to suspicious activity and until I logged in and confirmed my account that it would be frozen.

I of course didn't click the link and went directly to Paypal's site. Everything was normal.

Now, I consider myself very internet savvy and also take internet security further than most. And this one had me going due to it being very well done and targeted specifically at me. I fear that due to the recent ebay hack this will become pretty common.

so here is a heads up to be vigilant and if you receive any paypal phishing emails you can forward them to [email protected] so they can try to hunt these scammers down.

• Like 1

I got one too, if you float the cursor over the link it actually says www.paypal.com (and then a bunch of other stuff). Most of the phishing emails have a totally random website, so this is definitely more dangerous.

Exactly, most of these can be spotted from a mile away. But these are very well done.