!!DANGER!! pay close attention to sets you buy in B&M

Do you think the people stealing the figs from sets generally are collecting them or trying to make money by selling them?

I think that most of the people stealing minifigures from sets are trying to make money off of them. I have had several experiences where only the rare figures were taken from the set, while the non-rare ones were left in the set. Last August, I boughta Gungan Sub at Walmart on clearance and when I opened it to build, Qui-Gon, Qbi-Wan, and Queen Amidala were taken from the set, while Jar Jar was still there. I bet there is someone out there who steals the figures just for their personal collection instead of buying the set or paying for the figure online.

just experienced this myself - bought Super Hero Batman The Joker Steam Roller with the $10 off $40 target deal and a gc.

bought both boxes home, ride home in the car was a little warm - stopped at the grocery store and left the boxes in the car - it was like 82 degrees out upper 80s in my car.  when i came back out the seals on the box and totally come off and the flap was point up like someone had opened the set in my car.  didn't even bother to look and see what was inside - just took it back today.  other boxes in the car were sealed and fine.

when i get to target i'm there to pick up some jabba sail barges that end up being like 50% off with gc and $10 of $40 online purchase in store pick up deal.

the first box they hand to me the seals are already popped - i pointed this out  - Hey this is open - so they cancelled my order.

and put the box back on the shelf 5 minutes later.

So now I gotta turn myself into the weirdo with a digital scale weighing lego sets in the aisles of stores....

I'll mutter to myself, missing the minifigs, missing the minifigs, ya never know, ya never know.  AFOL, EOL, follow the codes!  The codes knows...

• Like 3

I think that most of the people stealing minifigures from sets are trying to make money off of them. I have had several experiences where only the rare figures were taken from the set, while the non-rare ones were left in the set. Last August, I boughta Gungan Sub at Walmart on clearance and when I opened it to build, Qui-Gon, Qbi-Wan, and Queen Amidala were taken from the set, while Jar Jar was still there. I bet there is someone out there who steals the figures just for their personal collection instead of buying the set or paying for the figure online.

Haha, I know people hate Jar Jar, but what an insult, taking all but him. You'd think "might as well," but he's not even taken for free. :P

Now I'm getting paranoid too reading these threads. Haven't spent enough time as it is organizing and doing inventory, now add checking seals and weighing. :|

Now I'm getting paranoid too reading these threads. Haven't spent enough time as it is organizing and doing inventory, now add checking seals and weighing. :|

I'm getting a little paranoid, but I check the seals and see if the flaps of the box are glued down at all, if not, then I'm fine and I weigh the set to be sure. It doesn't hurt to take precautions, but I hate it when you buy a set for yourself and then find out that the minifigures and or some of the set is missing.

I'm getting a little paranoid, but I check the seals and see if the flaps of the box are glued down at all, if not, then I'm fine and I weigh the set to be sure. It doesn't hurt to take precautions, but I hate it when you buy a set for yourself and then find out that the minifigures and or some of the set is missing.

I think that just gets a little cumbersome. I just open them and check them if I am worried about it.

Looks like I'll be double checking sets I just recently bought at Target during their sale this week. Everything looked legit when I picked them up but never hurts to double check while still in my return period.

Speaking of which, they didn't process one of my multiple orders I had while picking them up and I could have ended up with two sets for free. As mentioned a page or two ago stealing is stealing so I made sure they corrected it and charged me for the product. I felt oddly better doing that. The whole karma thing, especially as I am building inventory to start reselling.

Seems it isn't limited to sets. I picked up three Simpsons minifigs yesterday at Target and all three had been previously opened then resealed with clear tape. All three were complete, but I still returned them on principle. I also noticed others on the shelf had been resealed as well when I went back.

Not sure if it is an employee or customer that opened them, but either way, they were put back on display to be sold as new.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Brickpicker mobile app