21017 - Imperial Hotel

Guest idunno101

6 hours ago, exracer327 said:

I was told the hang up with the old Architecture sets was the IP license.  The skylines don't have that issue.  So more profits and less red tape for LEGO. 

Too bad LEGO isn't a German brick manufacturer, apparently they can sell anything they want without worry of licenses.

Fixed if for ya.  If its for sale, 100% has to be legal😄

• Like 1

I like the architecture sets as investments. They have done great as a overall line for me. Sure there are some ones that have not appreciated as much as others but you have not lost money on any of them. And as a side, I have a sealed version of every single set of mainstream architecture sets in storage. Only big one I'm missing... which isn't mainstream... is the Marina Bay sands. Even got one of the original Hancocks from when Adam was selling them before Lego took over the line. I want to get him to sign that one for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

I like the architecture sets as investments. They have done great as a overall line for me. Sure there are some ones that have not appreciated as much as others but you have not lost money on any of them. And as a side, I have a sealed version of every single set of mainstream architecture sets in storage. Only big one I'm missing... which isn't mainstream... is the Marina Bay sands. Even got one of the original Hancocks from when Adam was selling them before Lego took over the line. I want to get him to sign that one for me.

I only wished I was into lego investing back when I was living in Singapore... the MBS set is one of the top performing ones in the architecture line. Perhaps only the really obscure las vegas set that was pulled out can match it in price. Has anyone ever seen the las vegas set 21038 on sale on ebay before?

18 minutes ago, coelian said:

I only wished I was into lego investing back when I was living in Singapore... the MBS set is one of the top performing ones in the architecture line. Perhaps only the really obscure las vegas set that was pulled out can match it in price. Has anyone ever seen the las vegas set 21038 on sale on ebay before?

At one time I had all of the Arch sets including MBS and both versions of Sears Tower. There were an estimated 10K MBS produced and you could buy them secondary market for $100 back then. I would think a lot less of 21038 made it out supposedly only in South Africa. Only thing I see on eBay are BL version never NISB. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133677995404

947E85D7-849F-4010-AF1C-C69494035D07.jpeg

Edited by Pseudoty

8 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

At one time I had all of the Arch sets including MBS and both versions of Sears Tower. There were an estimated 10K MBS produced and you could buy them secondary market for $100 back then. I would think a lot less of 21038 made it out supposedly only in South Africa. Only thing I see on eBay are BL version never NISB. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133677995404

947E85D7-849F-4010-AF1C-C69494035D07.jpeg

I had one...sold one for $1100.00.

• Like 1