When and where does one find discounts in Canada or U.S?

Hi

I am still new to Lego investing and the forums , and would like to get some general knowledge on where and how to start. 

Where does one find 40% or more of a discount on Lego sets in Canada?

Does anyone know when do real clearances on Lego sets (Like 40% or more) start showing up in Wal-marts , Targets and Real Canadian super stores?   

Which months do you think are the best for Lego clearance hunting? June July or August?  

how often should I check?  (do not drive as of yet but working on it)  

Always end up buying Lego sets ( for investing) at U.S retail prices.

I do go to North Dakota once a month but only have access to 1 wal-mart , 1 target store and K mart.

any thoughts or advice would be appreciated :thankyou:  thanks

Those are some really hard questions to answer. I check my Target almost every day (helps that it is on my way home). You rarely see lego at 40% off. And it is even harder to pinpoint when it is going to happen. Watch the forums, usually someone will post about it. But also discounted lego goes FAST in stores, to regular consumers and investors alike. Blink and you might miss it! Check the daily deals thread - there are some decent discounts found online, especially since you go to the states, you might be able to send and pick up at a PO box.

At least in the US, the big toy sales seem to be May/June, October-ish and after Christmas. Though I think I remember last year that some of the post-xmas sales actually started Dec 24 or so.

Anyways, this is how I usually view the year. Other people may have different experiences on when the sales are