Help With White Cloth Carousel Top Section 22 x 18

Mos_Eisley

I asked this question over on Eurobricks not too long ago.  Here's the link to that thread.

I've considered doing something in cloth.  But after buying a MF, I'm considering using bricks, and building it in a similar fashion - with the pieces that allow it to open up.  If you look at the MF, and you see how the roof is constructed, that what I'm imagining that I want to do.

I haven't put it into practical application yet.  I'm still assembling pieces for the GC to give this a go.  I'm hopeful that I will find some time this summer to start prototyping this out.

I saw that thread on Eurobricks, but I'd really like the dimensions. I plan on printing on the cloth so I'd like it all figured out before I print. I guess I'll just a practice with paper to get the size.

Unfortunately, there's only one seller with this piece on BrickLink right now and you have to buy all 8.

Thanks for the responses!

I think it was suggested (either here or on EB), that you could always sketch it out once you have it built, to get your dimensions.

I agree, that's a bit of a pain, but it's something.

I do agree that it's way too much money for the panels themselves.  The sound brick is also way too expensive.

I'm going to MOC my GC a bit, and I play on hiding speakers and an iPod mini into the build so I can have carousel music playing.

I do agree that it's way too much money for the panels themselves.  The sound brick is also way too expensive.

I'm going to MOC my GC a bit, and I play on hiding speakers and an iPod mini into the build so I can have carousel music playing.

If you can keep an eye on LEGO's parts site, you might be able to get the sound brick. About 3-4 months ago, the sound brick appeared as available for a few days and I managed to snag a couple for just $7 each plus shipping. Can't believe it's that hard to produce since it's just a regular sound brick with the carousel-specific music,

• Like 1

Any chance you can trace around one onto a piece of photo / construction paper for him and mail it?  that would give him exact . measurements and holes info.

I'll scan it into a PDF file and post it so people can just print it out and "cut" it themselves. I'll do it on a black background so it should be pretty straightforward for people to trace it.

• Like 3

If you can keep an eye on LEGO's parts site, you might be able to get the sound brick. About 3-4 months ago, the sound brick appeared as available for a few days and I managed to snag a couple for just $7 each plus shipping. Can't believe it's that hard to produce since it's just a regular sound brick with the carousel-specific music,

Never considered that.  I think I'm going to have to stop by there a couple times a week, with my list of rare parts, just to check in.  Wish I had known about it at the time.

OK,

Here we go.

Dimensions

Height: 6 9/16 inches

Width (at bottom holes): 5 9/16 inches

I've attached a PDF and PNG of just the cloth top/sail so people can print it out and cut/trace their own.

Below, I've added Dropbox links to high resolution (300dpi)  scans with horizontal/vertical rulers in PNG, PDF and PSD formats in case people want to play with them. All the files are larger than the 10MB max upload size so I have to use links.

Top/Sail itself

PDF

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5834740/LEGO%20Grand%20Carousel%20Sails/Sail.pdf

PNG

'>

PSD

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5834740/LEGO%20Grand%20Carousel%20Sails/Sail.psd

Top/Sail with rulers for reference

PDF

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5834740/LEGO%20Grand%20Carousel%20Sails/Sail%20with%20rulers.pdf

PNG

'>

PSD

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5834740/LEGO%20Grand%20Carousel%20Sails/Sail%20with%20rulers.psd

Sail.pdf

post-8943-0-82340200-1401930439_thumb.pn

• Like 6