LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

I don't see any appeal in that winning set that they'll end up making.  When I heard that the winning creation on the show would become an official set, I thought for certain that they would make the last challenge have some sort of classic theme: build a castle, or a spaceship, or some huge modular.  But this plane thing that won is just godawful as a mass-produced set.  It's far too personal to the builders, and while I can understand the creativity and the reason that it could win a competition like this, I have no interest in owning it whatsoever, and I sincerely doubt that I'll be alone in that.  I thought this was a great idea by Lego (the winning creation becoming a set), but it could not have gone worse for them.  This thing will be on perma-sale.  

That said, I hope they do this again with the next season, but put a lot more thought into the parameters of the championship challenge.  

• Like 5

I bet it's a VIP set that is ~300 pieces, similar to wonders of the world. There will just be a plane that acts as the base for more world landmarks.  I was actively rooting against these guys, but they were the only team that really built to the brief. 

39 minutes ago, Ecto said:

I bet it's a VIP set that is ~300 pieces, similar to wonders of the world. There will just be a plane that acts as the base for more world landmarks.  I was actively rooting against these guys, but they were the only team that really built to the brief. 

They were actually one of the best teams at listening to the feedback from the Masters. The best teams in the show were from Season 1 and 2 though. Plenty of competitors would have won the past 2 seasons more easily.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Ecto said:

This is Nina & Sam's final build right?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Don’t know who they are but this set won a fan vote contest outside of the usual IDEAS realm and will be a Target exclusive. 

https://brickset.com/article/82843/lego-ideas-what-does-family-mean-to-you-contest-voting-opens

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Don’t know who they are but this set won a fan vote contest outside of the usual IDEAS realm and will be a Target exclusive. 

https://brickset.com/article/82843/lego-ideas-what-does-family-mean-to-you-contest-voting-opens

"Won a fan vote contest"... that's amazing.  This set looks like such a dud to me, but maybe I'm in the minority.

• 2 weeks later...