10242 - MINI Cooper MK VII

TheDarkness

I'm building one the day it's out as I've never been as eager to get my grubby mitts on a model before this.  If others think the same, resale values will only go one way.

So it should be buy one to build and one to flip. Assuming they don't limit you to one.

Yes you have completely derailed this thread on such a monumentus day, congratulations ;)

Thanks for the credit, but I did not start it.... for once :P

Guest TabbyBoy

So it should be buy one to build and one to flip. Assuming they don't limit you to one.

Thanks for the credit, but I did not start it.... for once :P

They'll limit you to 99 probably.

** Edit - or not, I just noticed the steering wheel is on the wrong side. :P **

It is Lego. If the right side is for you the wrong side for a steering wheel, I am pretty certain you can change that easily on the model. But then you miss out on all the people commenting: "Look, even the steering wheel is on the right side - how authentic!" :)

• Like 1

It is Lego. If the right side is for you the wrong side for a steering wheel, I am pretty certain you can change that easily on the model. But then you miss out on all the people commenting: "Look, even the steering wheel is on the right side - how authentic!" :)

That's right, add some sanity to the proceedings. :P

It shows an attention to detail that I want in LEGO sets. I love those cars and if I had to ever drive a small car, I would drive a MINI.

Me too. Certainly would make it easier parallel parking in the city. I'd fear getting folded like an accordion in the case of an accident though.

Tbh I think she'd prefer the smooth picnic blanket that comes with the Mini. Besides developing a bout of Piles from her bobbly blanket, she'd most likely end up getting fat from that massive sandwich she's made herself.

I like to think of it as polka dotted chenille rather than Lego studs :) And yes, I'm not sure why Mia decided to double carb it with a croissant rather than say, an apple. There's been much talk about the deplorable eating habits of those Lego Friends.

just got the T1 Camper today - I figure when this is released the camper will probably be no more. However, look at the tower bridge for example. That was suppose to retire when the Sydney Opera House was released and it is still on the shelfs of every lego store in the country!

I like it, will certainly get one for myself as soon as it comes out. Have to say it also looks a bit like a landrover though.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I agree. A good attempt but not perfect. A good MOCer could do the job properly. I'm still buying one though. Nuff said, 

Ah good point. That would be cool. Could make a whole dealership of them. Lol

Apparently no unique parts, but some like the wheel wells (which are windscreens) haven't been produced in very many colors. In fact only trans colors and white. The rare parts are all body pieces and don't come in same or complementing shades. Booooo.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker